“An amazing B&B and 5 stars for room, hospitality, brekkie and staff”

B&B at The Winchester Arms
Ranked #6 of 55 Taunton B&B and Inns
Devon
“An amazing B&B and 5 stars for room, hospitality, brekkie and staff”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I just have to say that the review by Susan C below seems to be for a completely different place. I stayed in this charming bed and breakfast for 1 night (13th December 2011) and have to say that after a terrible night trying to catch a bus from Taunton hospital I was looking forward to a lovely stay and I have to say I was not disappointed!!!!

The Pub is a charming pub, great atmosphere and staff and a very warm welcome. I was shown my room (Room 4) which was very nice. Clean and warm, especially after the night I had (Terrible weather and gails). There was a lovely amount of tea/coffee making facilities and the bed was very comfy.

I late in the evening asked for something to eat like a sandwich. The lady said that they didn't do sandwiches (It was 08:45pm so I didn't thing they would but asked to see.) She said that I could have some mushroom soup or something like the side orders. I was happy to order some of these, so ordered 2 cheese and ciabatta slices and some cheesy chips). She asked if I wanted to stay in the bar area or she could bring them up to the room,..cheeky I said could she bring up to the room, which she said she would happily do.

The food arrived to my room and I have to say the food I had was wonderful (Even though it was only side orders). I had a lovely sleep and woke up refreshed. The room I had didn't have a en-suite as it was I only £30 with a full English breakfast (WOW, that was very good and there were toast accomplishments too - jam, marmalade, Marmite and other stuff with cereals and also fresh fruit juice).

After having breakfast, I had a shower and freshen up. The B&B is very clean and has everything I needed, though I don't need a hair dryer - man! lol.

Overall, The Winchester Arms is s superb B&B and I would highly recommend the B&B to anyone. Clean building, ample parking, great staff, friendly welcome, amazing breakfast and a warm goodbye.

No other words to say,,,,A*****

Room Tip: Room 4 is for the solo guest. Very clean, plenty of self making tea & coffee making facilites an...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank CutieCouple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed 1 night meeting friends who had stayed here previously and we all enjoyed our stay. This is how a country inn B&B should be! It is on a quiet road in the lovely and quiet village of Trull. Heather and Gavin are excellent hosts, and anything you needed was provided. We had an en-suite family room just behind the inn, and it was a good size, well furnished and quite comfortable. The restaurant is very pleasant, the menu is excellent with specials offering a wide range of interesting dishes - definitely not your usual pub fare. , None of us were disappointed with their dinner! There are real ales on tap, as well as a good range of well chosen wines at only £11.95 a bottle (we enjoyed the pinot grigio and the Chilean merlot). Breakfast was great - plenty of well cooked grub and good coffee to start the day. In summary - this is an unbeatable combination of value, friendliness and food.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
bridgwater
Reviewed 14 November 2011

just got back from a very nice stay in the winchester arms all the staff were friendly and hard working . great range of beers and wines very busy bar and resturant rooms were realy nice and clean had to share a bathroom but no problems there big big breakfast i opted for the kippers very nice we will be coming back again theve rabbit on the menu not many pubs have that but all in all a very pleasent stay well done the winchester arms

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I recently stayed for 2 nights at the Winchester Arms, and the service was brilliant! Staff were pleasant and friendly. And the breakfast was HUGE and delicious! Also great value, and I didn't even mind that I had to share a bathroom. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Taunton.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stopped here for 1 night and were very disappointed. Except for the gardener, the staff all needed to go on a Peoples Skill course. Everything seemed too much bother. No sink or hairdryer in room and breakfast was greasy and thrown on the plate. No jams or marmalade on table and none offered. Very much felt like we were imposing and did not have the right to be there. We would not recommend this b and b to our worst enemy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple