See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Ive got nothing much good to say about this B&B. Apart from agreeing with the other reviewer who points out the poor old decor and the dark and musty atmosphere, i can only add that we were privy to the most awful conversations about the shooting of wildlife that left me horrified. The approaching badger cull in this area apparently to be centred around this place. terrible.

Room Tip: one some where else.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank kit W
Reviewed 2 March 2017

When we visited Taunton last year, we found this quaint and charming very old Farm House to stay. Both my husband and I fell in love with the place, and when we met the owners of it, were treated like royalty. We were welcomed warmly by Lin who spoiled us with a super full English breakfast every morning. My husband and I decided we would like to return to stay at Canonsgrove Farm again when in Taunton next, visiting family.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and very quaint with an en suite bathroom. Did not see the other occupied rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna D
Reviewed 28 August 2016

I booked the b & b for a one night stay as my husband & myself had bought tickets for ourselves and two friends to see Status Quo at Vivary Park. We arrived at Canonsgrove Farm to a very warm & cheerful welcome by Lynn who showed us to our rooms explaining on the way certain things we needed to know. The cottage was just adorable with its thick wooden doors, uneven floor and that wonderful homely cottage feel to it. The breakfast was delicious with a variety of cereals, toast, fruit & the hearty cooked breakfast, plenty of tea/coffee and juice. Colin and Lynn are the perfect hosts and I certainly couldn't fault anything from cleanliness, friendliness or comfort so if you are looking to stay in a traditional country setting then this is the place for you. I know we will be visiting Colin & Lynn again in the future

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Wow!! What a little beauty,it might be near to the motorway but the traffic noise is far outweighed by the hospitality,Colin and Lin are perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble ( just ask and they will try to accommodate) the farm house is decorated in keeping with its period so don't go expecting modern and minimal,go for cosy
and warming with a great hearty breakfast with top ingredients.
Sarah and Kevin will return and children may be in tow.
Thanks for a great weekend

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsshakey
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Stayed here for a trip to the heart of Somerset. The welcome was very warm to this traditional west country farm. Its just a few miles from central taunton and provided a lovely accommodation. We had a large family room (double bed and 2 singles). Both the room and attached bathroom we clean and tidy. The breakfast was generous and made with high quality ingredients. I would heartlity reccomebd them, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends