“The Bridge Inn - A Nice Place for Lunch”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #29 of 307 Restaurants in Darlington
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I meet an ex work colleague for lunch about four times a year to have a catch-up and I decided to bring him here for lunch. It wasn't busy the day we arrived. The service was good and we enjoyed our lunch. They have a very extensive menu to chose from. It's a nice place for lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Unbelievable food and served with a smile. Warren was chirpy and a great front face to the business.

There was a big queue waiting for food and I am not surprised why.

So many varieties of meat and as much vegetables and potatoes you could imagine.

Food was fantastic and we must say unbelievable value. There will not be another Sunday Lunch that can come anywhere close. You go to other places and it is plastic food and the skimp on the meat and try and fill you with vegetables. Well here you get real proper food ( especially the beef ribs ) and then every vegetable you could hope for.

Well done to all involved and especially Warren.

Tony M

1  Thank TonyMadelin
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Brought my wife to be here for tea through recommendation. Very attractive pub with lovey decor inside, immaculate to be honest. The menu was huge think 6 or 7 pages long, Chinese, steak and many more. I had the steak and lobster and the partner Shanghai platter, both were lovely. What made our night was the staff, extremely friendly, & when they found out we were getting married we were approached with a voucher, excellent customer service. See you all after the wedding if I make it.

1  Thank Garry T
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Had heard so many times that here served the best roast, off we trotted last Sunday from Redcar. What we were told was correct, it was fantastic, could have what ever we wanted. The kids hate Sunday lunch but the chef pursuaded them to try something new, think he called it posh chicken, (turkey).
He was great, think he must have worked previous in sales, as I had loads of things I have never tried, and would not of chosen, and they were all lovely, that quail, wow. Now they are planning there last meal before returning back to school here, with the posh chicken, brilliant.
Friendly place, with great food, loved it.

1  Thank Excursion37086668281
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Came to the bridge inn for my husband's birthday from Hartlepool. So that's £70 round trip in a taxi! We've been before a few years ago and had a fabulous time. However this time it was very different. Had a table booked for 8:30pm which left us 2 hours to have our food as the taxi was collecting us again at 10:30pm. Which in my experience of eating in various restaurants and pubs all over the country is ample enough time to order and eat 2 courses! Had to ask 3 times if the table was ready (it wasn't that busy!) Got seated then had to wait another 20 minutes before someone took our starter order. Then had to wait another hour before the starters came out taking us to 10pm. Needles to say we didn't have time for a main course!! So we left hungry and rather unhappy about the whole experience. I do appreciate we didn't pay for the starters but it's not the point. So in essence we'd payed £70 to have a few drinks and a starter. Total waste of money. But the icing on the cake was the lack of response from them after I got in touch with them. Sent an email explaining what had happened hoping for a reply with a reason why he had to wait so long for our food. But heard absolutely nothing back. Very poor customer relations. If they can't handle getting the food out in a timely manner then maybe they should reduce the menu size? Needles to say, we won't be going back again!!!

3  Thank Amie M