“Excellent Service and food ”
Review of The Old Farmhouse

The Old Farmhouse
Ranked #106 of 307 Restaurants in Darlington
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Farmhouse in Darlington is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Visited here on a Saturday evening without booking buy were lucky enough to get a table
My husband chose the steak and I had the Sea Bass we were both really happy with our choices the meals were cooked to perfection and well presented
The staff were really helpful
Will definately visit again
The only downside was the table opposite us were so very noisy one woman had a particularly loud voice and managed to have a cackle laugh every few minutes very annoying bug not a fault of the place we just ate at the wrong time

Date of visit: October 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Old Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Jean I, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

We hadn't been to the Old Farmhouse for a long time as our previous experience had not been good, both for quality of food and service. However, this time we were very pleasantly surprised. Our waitress was so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for her. The food was very good, we chose the pies which were delicious. The veg was overcooked for our taste. we would have preferred our veg with a bit of crunch to it not soggy but hey ho it was tasty enough. Desserts were divine!! As were the coffees. Will def go back again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Hi Jenny A, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Old Farmhouse. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I came with my family on a Saturday night. Worst table service I’ve ever received from a “Mitchell and Butler” pub! The gammon was so tough an axe wouldn’t have even cut it. The pizza was so poor and to be honest the whole experience was shocking. I work at a premium country pub and I tell you what , travel to one of them because they are 100000% better than that. Shocking would not recommend!

3  Thank Matty B

Hi Matty B, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. We hope you are willing to give us another chance. Please reach out to us at 01325 332191 so we can work towards a resolution.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We hadn't been to the Old Farmhouse for a long time and it will be a long time before we return,
When we arrived we were greeted at the bar by a barman chewing gum and moaning to another member of staff about having to start work at 5pm and he had missed the football scores !!unbelievable, no one forced him to do the job, if you don't like it quit because there is plenty of good people wanting work,
We went to a table where he gave us the menu but didn't give us the Weekend Treat menu, and when I returned to the bar to ask for one he just glared at me and a young girl gave me them,
Two of us ordered from it but only mine appeared on the bill as being from the treat menu,
The food was ok and the waitresses who served us were fine, if lacking in knowing what was what on the menu,
If you are thinking of going to the Old Farmhouse think again and try the Tawny Owl, the same menu but the staff and the food are so much better.

Date of visit: October 2018
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Old Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Darlomags, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at 01325 332191. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Sunday lunch... Wow!

I haven’t been here for a while as I felt the Sunday roast had gone down hill .. to say they have pulled it back would be an understatement.

I had the beef duo which consists of roast beef and beef rib which was absolutely to die for. Carrots and cabbage were tasty. Roasties crispy on the outside yet fluffy on the inside. Stuffing didn’t come with this meal but I ordered it as an extra and it came wrapped in bacon - nice touch and was gorgeous!

Best roast I have had for a long time.

Well done The Old Farmhouse - I will be back this Sunday!

Date of visit: September 2018
GeneralManagerA765, Manager at The Old Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

This review has made our day! We're delighted you enjoyed your recent visit with us and look forward to you returning again this Sunday! Thank you Jessica :)