“Exceptionally good value”

Ranked #78 of 307 Restaurants in Darlington
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good meal I had a trio of fish and it was very tasty with asparagus. My friends had the fish and chips which looked excellent
The ice cream pudding was to die for. The starter of battered Brie was a bit boring but my friend had the calamari which she said was superb.
Outstanding value only £12.99 for two courses but very hard to get a table, a reservation is a must.

Lucy R, General Manager at Maxine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear val3ward

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent Early Bird reservation with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your 2 course meal and found the food quality to be excellent and that it represented great value for money.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Visited with friends and enjoyed the early bird menu. Great value and the food was delicious! The service was impeccable and we will be returning soon. Special shout out to the restaurant manager (I think she was called Alex) for been so helpful regarding my friends allergy.

Lucy R, General Manager at Maxine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear benjohnson2065

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent dinner reservation with us. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable meal and found the service to he impeccable. Thank you for your special mention of Alex and the service she provided to you, I look forward to sharing this review with her.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

There were several problems we had but were dealt with but they shouldn't have happened.The hotel building was a lovely old property but like a rabbit warren inside.

Lucy R, General Manager at Maxine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear workdayblues58

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on both our hotel and restaurant page. I do hope that when you made the staff aware of the issues regarding the temperature of the buffet breakfast, that they offered to replace these items for you.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Ordered from the early bird menu and the food was lovely. Well presented and generous portions . Good service.
Excellent

Lucy R, General Manager at Maxine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear loisles

Thank you so much for your perfectly short and sweet review following your Birthday Meal with us.

I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable meal and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious lunch for my husband's retirement celebration.Excellent service and a wonderful personal touch..thank you so much.

Lucy R, General Manager at Maxine's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear Debbie S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your husband's celebration meal with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed wonderful service and we do hope to see you again very soon.

Thank you again for your time.