“Fantastic sandwich ”

Patisserie Mark Bennett
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Poole
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Patisserie Mark Bennett is a hand crafted artisan bakery, Mark the owner holds 11 world bread awards and is the 2014 British baking industries baker of the year, we offer a range of artisan bread, Croissants made with imported French butter, Patisserie, gourmet sandwiches and fresh ground coffee, to sit in or takeaway
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Sometime a sandwich is an absolute treat and this one was.

I got the chilli chicken and it was packed with really tender chicken, avocado, cucumber, onion and I’m sure something else (but I can’t remember what)
Way more filling than bread so it felt quite well balanced. The bread was lovely too with a proper tasty crust.

Not cheap but worth every penny. Definitely will come again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Great pain aux raisin and croissant. Hot chocolate and latte could have been hotter which is why I have rated it 4. Helpful friendly staff. Bought bread to take home to freeze. Wish I lived closer. Cannot wait to try my hot cross bun!@

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

First visit to this particular coffee house, I usually try to pick a new one each time I go out on my Sunday morning motorbike ride.
Found the coffee to be very good quality, my favourite is a black Americano, and with it I had one of the Pain raisin. It was ok, quite a large but slightly different than the ones I usually have in France. This had a very sticky topping that I am not use to, it was not unpleasant but not quite what I am use to.
May be next time I will try the Almond Croissant and see what that is like.
It was quite busy for a Sunday Morning, so it seems as though it is very popular. The bread look very appetising, and the sausage rolls and Hot Cross Buns seem to be very popular.
Will definitely go back again !!

1  Thank Nitram157
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Got a sandwich, sausage roll and a couple of bakery items to go. Croissants were not freshly made and were hard and stale the next day. Mille-feuille which means cake of a thousand sheets was eaten on the same day and the layers were not light and flaky nor were there many layers but three clumps up chewy pastry. It was probably the worst I’ve ever had. The sandwich was good and the sausage roll but probably not enough to make me want to go back for.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I've been buying Mark's Compania bread for a while now and it's the best bread I've ever eaten. It's a mixture of sourdough and french bread that is perfect for sandwiches and toasting. There is seating on the pavement outside the shop where my wife and I have had lunch several times. The Ashley Cross shop is in a great location opposite a park so it's very convenient for walking off the calories and giving Ted our dog a walk.