“Quick Birthday Drink”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to pop into here as we had an hour off from the kids for my birthday, we’re on holiday so hadn’t been here before. I decided to have the pink gin/prosecco cocktail, the photo showed lots of fruit in it. When it arrived, we ordered two, they didn’t have any fruit in them so we spent £19.95 on two cocktails which had a shot of gin and a shot of prosecco so mostly lemonade, what a rip off.

KimberleyWhyman, Owner at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our venue didn't meet your expectations. We hope you will return to The Slug & Lettuce, Poole and that your experience will be much better next time.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Good value, reasonable food in good surroundings. Service was prompt and food was fine. Modern restaurant with inside and outside seating.

Thank you for your review. I will pass on this good feedback to the team!

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Visited whilst on holiday. Very welcoming staff. Good food and excellent value. Lovely waitress who twice checked everything was ok. Well worth a visit.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad your experience was enjoyable! :)

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Just like to say a massive Thank You to all the great staff, especially Connor who entertained 11 woman on his own last Saturday evening for my daughters 18th Masterclass Cocktail party. We all had the best time. The drinks were great fun to make and Drink! The food was really good ( everyone mentioned how nice it was) and you even made different meals for the allergy sufferers. It was really organised well with the balloons, banners, decorations and we even had glitter painted on us!! I did wonder what the evening was going to turn out like, but I can recommend it to anyone who is
looking for something different for a celebration or party. Only slight moan was the music, no DJ and didn’t know the tunes, but we managed to start the dancing! Thank you all again and see you soon.

Thank you for your review. I will pass on this good feedback to the team!

A TripAdvisor Member
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here recently for an evening meal. Clean, simple, sensibly priced, helpful staff.

We both opted for the rump steak for £12 or so, one medium, one medium rare. They arrived as chunky, thick steaks which is a welcome change for a chain pub. Both were however quite chewy, especially the medium rare. Even the steak knife struggled to cut it.

Plates appeared half empty compared to the menu photo. No peas or salad provided either.

I doubt I would order the same again. Will stick to drinks only at S&L in future I think....

Hi, Thank you for your feedback, I have assumed the date you posted this review was the day of your visit? if not would you mind letting me know what was the correct date please so I can look into this further. Many thanks