“Nice cocktails, plenty of space, off peak timing”
Review of Slug & Lettuce

Slug & Lettuce
Ranked #179 of 390 Restaurants in Poole
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Popped in for a couple of drinks before dinner. All ok, pretty awful music, the sort of place not to go to when it’s packed.

KimberleyWhyman, Owner at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Many thanks for your feedback, its good to know when we are doing something right, I will pass on your comments to the team. Please keep an eye out on our facebook page for all our upcoming events.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I ate here as it was late and there are not too many places to eat in this area
I was pleasantly surprised
the staff were very nice and helpful and the food was very good
it was nice and quiet which suited me perfectly
I'm still amazed at how good the staff were

Tyler S, Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for your review.

I will pass on this good feedback to the team!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Very pleasant in their recently refurbished surroundings. Not too busy. Missing their 'half price on food Mondays' but took advantage of their burger, chips and a drink for £7 each. Good service. Hot, tasty food. What's not to like?!

Thank you Penny for this feedback! I'm happy that your experience was an enjoyable one! What is not to like indeed! :)

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Although recently refurbished & very smart the atmosphere has gone. The DJ that got people dancing & created a real good feel to Slug & Lettuce has gone. They have let him go & simply play music from a list provided by head office we are told. The place is now very sterile with less people & people just sitting quietly having a drink. We feel the decision not to have a DJ at this Slug unlike the other Slugs is a big mistake.

Thank you for your feedback, please introduce yourselves to me on your next visit.
Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Refurbished about six months ago so interior is contemporary and classy. Food very reasonably priced and tasted delicious. Quick service, friendly staff. Overall pleasantly surprised. Slight downside no rump steak or wagu burger available the day of our visit. Fold out doors are no doubt great in warm weather but a centimetre wide gap down one side makes it very drafty in the winter. Recommended.

KimberleyWhyman, Manager at Slug & Lettuce, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are also very happy about our refurb as it has given our venue a new lease of life! I'm sorry about your experience with the lack of meat. If you would like to email me at slugandlettuce.poole@stonegatepubs.com with a few more details of your visit, I would like to investigate this further. Kind regards, Hannah - Team Leader