“Bad food, lovely staff”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I'll keep this simple. I had beef bites, could have been good if they weren't floating in a mound of horseradish. Nobody can eat that much horseradish! Followed by salmon which was so dry I could probably have banged it on the table had I been so inclined! This was served with rubber broccoli and a huge mound of tomatoes. That was it. I hate complaining in restaurants, but had to send it back and did get a second meal which was edible, (just) but I could have done better, and cheaper and tastier, at home. The best thing about this restaurant was it's front of house staff. Friendly, helpful and efficient, even after my complaint, and they did take a starter off the bill, without any prompting, to apologise.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The food was great and prompt. Manager welcoming, friendly and took time out to talk to us. Busy evening by the looks of it. However the blond girl serving us seemed disinterested and didn’t appear to do anything put payments m and put orders through however the other older lady who wasn’t even our server looked after us and it was her that received our thanks and tip. So well done to Corey’s Mill and team but please look at the individuals who come across like they don’t want to be there.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This was a returning visit after a not so good experience.
We were massively impressed with the manager, he was really accommodating & made us feel very welcome.
Food was good and we were happy to pay with our 40% off voucher, we felt the food was worth what we paid.
Waitress was good too.
Well done Coreys mill.
See you soon

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I quite often visit Corey Mill with an elderly friend of mine and have got to know one or two of the staff. We always get a friendly hello and even though we are usually terrible at booking, a table is always found for us.
On Thursday we actually booked, which was good as they were very busy. We were served by a lovely lady called Tara, who greeted us with a friendly smile and took our order. She appeared to be working by herself for most of the time but moved non-stop around the restaurant taking orders, serving food and managed to keep smiling with no sign of stress.
We ordered from the day time menu, which is good value. I had a favourite, well liked by most people, sausage and mash and my friend gammon. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the visit.
My only moan would be the pudding menu, which lacks any real thought. It seems to be aimed at children and not adults and is to be honest disappointing. I love and adore sticky toffee pudding and would buy on every visit. We did have vanilla ice cream which was not very nice.
But I am still giving 5 points for the service from Tara, atmosphere and great bangers & mash.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I had not visited this venue for many years, (about 15) and it's certainly had a revamp. The staff were attentive , quick, leaving just the right amount of time between courses. Good quality, well presented found, on what was obviously a busy day. We didn't eat until 4pm, fillet steak cooked perfectly to our liking (even my Mum ate all her meal).
I won't be leaving it so long until my next visit, impressed by the service and food.