All reviews david lloyd mini gym function room bit dated the ground floor plenty of parking tea coffee reception staff stayed here for one night self service orwell wedding rex midnight iron venue
Reviewed 13 April 2015

Stayed here for one night recently as we were attending a wedding in the area. Easy location off the A14 & just outside Ipswich town centre. We had requested an early check in so that we could get changed for the wedding. They never guarantee these things but, on arrival, we were given the early check in so that was good.

The room was your standard corporate type hotel room. Functional and basic. Booked the room as an online deal £58 for the night including breakfast. The breakfast was fine with a good choice of hot & cold options.

Wi-Fi is chargeable unless you join their partner IHG club. Wi-Fi should be free for guests in my opinion & not dependant on giving your details to some 3rd party.

That said, as an overnighter or short term stay it's not a decent choice in the area.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LittleBigHorn
Christian H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

Dear Little bighorn

Thank you for leaving your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that the hotel came up to your expectation. By joining our IHG reward club your personal details stays safe with us and apart from free Wifi you will also get further benefits such as IHG reward points and discounted room rates and special offers. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

I just wanted to express how wonderful all the staff and facilities are at the Ipswich Orwell Holiday Inn. I have been using the venue monthly (sometimes more frequently) for the last 3 years and I have always been greeted by chirpy and uplifting staff and comfortable, pleasing surroundings,
In particular I'd like to recognise the work and support that both Tracey Wilcox and Laura Woolfenden have put into ensuring that my meetings and gathering go as smoothly as I have meticulously planned.
I'd also like to give a shout out to the F&B team who have always kept me hydrated during the regular spontaneous meetings I have had in their bar/lounge area.
Many thanks to you all and keep up the hard work.
Mark.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Christian H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

Dear "Regular Conferences"

Thank you for your excellent feedback i am so pleased to hear the my team are looking after you when you have your meetings at the hotel.

Reviewed 10 April 2015

Lovely spacious and clean room, very quiet and relaxing. Brilliant breakfast buffet with a good choice of food. and highly recommend the event space rooms for parties!
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family

Dear Roxii

Thank you for submitting such a fantastic review about my hotel i am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

I stayed her on Thursday 26th March by myself. I didn't arrive until quite late but it wasn't a problem. The receptionist was really nice and friendly. I went straight through to the bar to order something to eat before it closed. The barman was also very nice. As it was late I didn't want too much to eat so he recommended something and then seeing I was on my own indicated to a table where I felt a little more comfortable sitting by myself.

The room I had was nice and spacious with a lovely comfortable bed. It wasn't the quietest room, it was quite close to a busy road so was a bit noisy (room 60).

At breakfast the next morning I just had poached egg on toast which was perfectly cooked. Everything else looked nice too. Again, the staff in the restaurant were very pleasant. If booking with the Holiday Inn breakfast could be added on for just £10 for 2 people at time of booking. Its £13 per person for the full breakfast otherwise.

The location of the hotel is about 15 mins from the town centre of Ipswich and 10 minutes from the main Ipswich hospital. A minute or two away is an area where there are a few chain restaurants and out of town shopping.

The hotel was perfect for me - close to the hospital with friendly (but not over the top) staff.

Room Tip: Room 60 was close to busy road. There would be others close to the road too so ask for a quiter room.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Christian H, Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

Dear Jacqueline

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that the hotel came up to your expectation and that my team looked after you so well. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2015

Me and my boyfriend stayed here whilst on a belated Valentines weekend and as a Housekeeper I was appalled by the amount of thick dust and dirt throughout to suite. In the bathroom there was grime, limescale and a sticky floor. The bedroom was covered in dust, the windowsills were filthy and the windows did not shut properly. Also only half of the lights worked in the whole room. I had a nice comfy sleep but the housekeeping was just horrendous. The breakfast in bed was also not too great. The toast was tough and mostly still bread, the scrambled egg was cold and tasteless and the tea was disgusting. Not everybody likes Typhoo tea!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Unrealpizzo
Christian H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your review with reference to your recent visit at my hotel. I am really disappointed to here of your experience and the standards of housekeeping that you were confronted with. This is not at all the standards that we are known for and it surprises me that you have not brought your issues to the attention of my team during your visit as they would have been able to address all the issues there and then. I appreciate that you should not need to do this and everything should be to a high standard at all times but I am also fully aware that sometimes things goes wrong and that is why my team are all empowered and committed to ensure that we are fulfilling our aim of 100% satisfaction. Reading about your experience I can see that we have fallen far below this in your case and if you would like to discuss your complaint further please do not hesitate to contact me directly by either phoning the hotel or my direct email is gm.hiipswich@kewgreen.co.uk