“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Having been before and had great meals we booked for a mid week family meal. The wide choice of vegan and item free items are great for our complex family!
Sadly despite booking we waited over an hour for our starters and the food quality was not up to standard.
With such a large menu and a carvery option it really felt like a smaller choice would have meant the quality and pace could have been improved.

1  Thank Georgina H
Wild M, Owner at The Sproughton Wild Man, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

I remember you were booked for 7pm and the last of your party arrived at 7.20 because there drinks were entered just before the food. you had several starters each different, they were delivered within half an hour.Your mains came out at 8pm but all in all you bill was given to you at 8.45.and you said you were happy when you left.

We are sorry about the fact you felt we failed to serve fast enough but an hour and 45 minutes is not too bad when the order was taken when the last guest arrived at 7.20

Jill

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We regularly come to the wild man on a Sunday and it is amazing. The roast dinner is just beautiful. Manager is really friendly and it's good price. Would deffo recommend this!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Well never been to this place before doubt i will go again. Carvary was ok but friends we was with had different meals which where disappointing. Pub very dated.

1  Thank Cols6

The buildind is 500 years old and I agree the decor is very 1960's. We will never be shiney new but we will try and improve as we go.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Went to the Wild Man as a bit of a gamble. Haven't been for ages and had not been impressed on our last visit. Glad we went. My husbands steak was beautiful and the ribs I had were very tasty. Had a bit of confusion with my jacket potato but this was soon sorted and was given a free pud as an apology. Service was very good. Will be returning.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I’d first like to start off with the fact me and my family have been to this family run pub about 4-5 times in the past 6 months and every time it was just brilliant... ok that said I have to be completely honest about this evening... on arrival the hospitality was top notch as usual... I think the lady that greeted us was the owner and she is always hospitable... after ordering our drinks about 10 mins later we ordered our meals... my starter came out wrong but that may have been miscommunication as I said I wanted the prawns for starter.. there was two types of prawns on the menu, prawn cocktail and garlic and chilli prawns... I didn’t specify which... starters came out with a freshly baked roll... but no butter.. (I probably sound like I’m whinging over silly little things, but it all adds to the experience!) I asked for butter and received it 5 mins later... my partner and I ordered the sirloin steak... one medium and one medium well... both steaks were cooked medium on one side and medium rare on the other side... still tasted good. My chips were home made... great... but it did seem slightly rushed... just a little bit sloppy... (I hate writing this as have always had a good experience here.. ... I’m not sure if it was just an off day (which I could understand more if was busier) or if maybe they have employed a new chef... either way I will return to see if it was just a blip as normally we never have a single complaint...