1,272 results
All reviews spa break spa facilities hunting lodge housing estate garden room steam room swimming pool leisure club the main hotel cream tea leisure centre lovely grounds a bit tired lick of paint evening meal breakfast was buffet style bar food
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been a member here for 7 months family members have been for years.... £40 plus a month is paid and what for as the place is run down and forever not in full working order. Swimming pool twice in 2 weeks freezing as apparently boilers have gone not once did the leisure manager Adam think to email all members and let them no so they didn’t waste time in travelling like myself (he has addresses as he emailed the list telling us of a closure due to maintenance) the sauna is forever having something done... staff such as jenni karl Christina and Jordan are brilliant full of apologies which is great shame the manager doesn’t show any form of remorse you would think he would be there peak times to support his staff (no he wasn’t) and the general manager of the hotel mr Jason Stringer well he doesn’t deserve the title he’s rarely at the establishment and when he is the only answer you get is I’m waiting on information or I’m in talks with head office. You can’t even email him well you can but you will be ignored.

The rooms well I’ve also stayed here to and unless you stay in the 200’s then don’t bother the prices they charge are disgusting I’d rather stay at holiday inn same facilities but better quality.

Avoid this hotel as a guest or member I will now be ending my membership to join alternative

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

My mother and I have just returned from here, I treated mum to an overnight stay and after reading the reviews was a little worried.... but I have to say it was absolutely fine. As in other reviews the room we stayed in 310 was a little tired looking the bathroom needed an overhaul but it was clean and beds were clean so nothing to complain about I didn’t feel? The shower was rather frugal with its hot water I would have liked it warmer for longer but it was bearable and I managed.
The pool and spa areas were also clean and the water was warm nice to have the doors open to the garden as it was a lovely day.
Only reason for a 4 rating was the evening meal took a long time to serve. We waited an hour and a half for our main meal and had to ask twice if we had been forgotten. But I have to say once it arrived although it was a little to late for me by then it was delicious. I am a gluten free eater and was accommodated no problem at all throughout our stay.
Over all I would stay again no argument there, I would like to stay in a refurb room next time and eat my evening meal in a timely manner just to give the experience a 5 star rating. Special shout out to Courtney (Waitress) she worked very hard and tried to keep us informed of what was happening, also ensured I had my gluten free bread and each meal. Thank you x

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
gm_belstead, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Lavinia,

Thanks for the great review.

I'm really please you had such a good stay and that Courtney in particular stood out during your stay.

Apologies for the wait during dinner, I will most certainly look into this.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days whilst working here great sleep carnt comment on food as never ate here used the spa facilties which is a bonus for the price u pay i think its a bargain also the staff are very nice and pleasant

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Micheal T,

Thanks for the great review.
I am pleased you found the staff pleasant and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel on the 14/04/18 after being recommended here by friends. We sadly had a very different experience. We arrived to be told that they had only received 1 deposit rather than 2, when we showed reception our proof of payment they asked who we had made payment to. There seems to be lack of communication between this hotel and the head office. The Spa area needs to be hugely updated!

Walking to the changing rooms absolutely stunk! And the showers were so disgusting that they made you feel more dirty after using them. (If you do decide to visit highly recommend taking your own plastic flip flops) my friend described the spa area to a caravan park pool area. Because we did our spa break on a Saturday it seems that the hotel allow family’s to visit. This does seem to take away the whole “Spa Break experience” with kids shouting in the pool and splashing around and mums unpacking tin foiled sandwiches!

The actual treatments however were amazing, and probably the only thing i would recommend. The lady that i had ( probably late 40’s with blonde hair) was so lovely and her luxury facial she gave me was amazing!

The cream tea was really lovely with freshly baked scones, however we did feel rather awkward as we were walking around in a robes whist walking past wedding guests! However it would have been nice if there was an opportunity to upgrade to an afternoon tea.

The rooms here need seriously updating!! I understand that they are getting refurbished currently however the standard of these rooms were terrible! We also found dirty tissues down the side of the bed!

Dinner in the restaurant was just a disaster! From the starter to the main course it took 1hour and 40mins! My friends starter (fish cake) was cold, all the starters were really lovely though other than hers being too cold. It took forever for our drinks to be brought over to the table for them just to forget my diet coke, when prompted they then delivered me a fat coke! My friends had the steak which was given to us with gravy rather than peppercorn sauce which is what we ordered. When we asked for this to be changed we was told that it was peppercorn sauce, when we stated it wasn’t as i had the chicken with peppercorn sauce and they were two different colours, they eventually decided to change it which then took a further 15mins! By this point all of our meals were cold. When the deserts were ordered we had to send back the baked cheesecake as it was uneatable we wasn’t asked if we would like a replacement and then was brought the bill without being asked for coffee or tea. The staff did give us a 20% discount which was appreciated. A larger group of around 20 were sitting opposite us and also seemed to have had some issues, the way the management dealt with this was terrible at one point one of the women managers turned around and stated “ i know your a customer but” and “ we have a lot of events on so you should be patient” so because the hotel can not handle the events and the hotel guests our stay and our service should suffer! once this was eventually sorted out no apology was made to our table for the disturbance and then we were witness to shouting from a manager to a waitress. This was extremely unprofessional!

I do feel like the hotel could be lots better as the staff all seem to be rather positive that things will get better. It seems that management are not looking after the staff and when they are booking in weddings and private events they should be mindful to the bookings they have for the hotel to ensure that service is not disrupted to the restaurant. The staff are all local people which i also find a good thing and most are really lovely people its just a shame that they are not looked after better.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank SarahLouise2478

Dear SarahLouise2478,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your treatment and found the cream tea to be lovely.
I am however, sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I would be grateful if you could contact me on gm.belstead@muthuhotels.com in order that I can obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Myself and a colleague stayed here for one night in order to attend a meeting close by the next morning. The hotel was fairly easy to find, but parking spaces not so much so, possibly because we arrived around 5pm and everyone was parking up to use the gym after work.
Reception looks very "Posh & Becks" with marble and diamonte everywhere, it took a while to get checked in as only 1 person on Reception and several people waiting to check in.
My room was very tired, on the ground floor, with a view of a rather rickety wooden fence. It appeared clean enough but in desperate need of an overhaul. I tried to go to the gym but every single machine was taken and the noise was dreadful.. So I decided I'd use the time to have a nice long bath instead... ran the water for it to get warm, and once it started to warm up, popped plug in and left the tub to fill up. Came back to a bath full of luke warm water, and a hot tap running cold. I decided to abandon the bath and have a shower instead - even putting the water onto the highest temperature it was barely warm enough to stand.
We ate in the restaurant and had a table next to a marble bar, with chunks missing out of it, and a very thick layer of dust. Initially we were the only ones in the restaurant but eventually a few more people trickled in. The menu choice wasn't particularly extensive, there wasn't a starter that either of us fancied, so went straight to mains, which were surprisingly OK. The desserts were un-inspiring and we both left about half each.
The lady in charge of breakfast was very jolly and pleasant, but she was the only highlight of breakfast. The buffet food was warm rather than hot, the coffee wasn't particularly good and the toaster was next to useless.
This was my colleagues first experience of staying in a "business" hotel the night before a meeting, and it certainly hasn't encouraged her to want to do this again! I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
gm_belstead, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Bikergirl,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.
We are currently undergoing a refurbishment of our bedrooms which will hopefully address some of the issues you raise.
In terms of the other aspects of your stay you were not happy with I can only apologise and rest assured I will investigate them fully with my team to ensure lessons are learned.
I would appreciate if you could contact me on gm.belstead@muthuhotels.com in order that I can respond to you personally.