“Beautiful location, great service”

Pizza Express Ipswich
Ranked #227 of 467 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just had a few days away and popped in here for dinner one evening. The restaurant is situated overlooking the marina, beautiful in all seasons. We booked online, easy to do, arrived promptly and were taken straight to our table.
I get very hot vet quickly so I was pleased to see the table wasn’t crammed in, and the high ceilings made it nice and airy for me. The staff were very attentive, polite and busy but not rushed. We had Peroni, red wine and table water, with olives to start. Mr ordered his usual pizza and I opted for the salad and a side of polenta fries. Delicious and flowed by gelato.
Very nice all round, worth the visit, and you can still use Tesco club card vouchers- great night

Reviewed 6 March 2018

A friend and I were just passing through Ipswich and staying near Regatta Quey, so on this cold coldMonday night we strolled out for something warm to eat not to far from our hotel.
Well Pizza Express, thank you, WOW the Cannelloni was spectacular thanks to The chef, service friendly, helpful but not entrusive. Just what we wanted.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Overpriced for bland basic food. Can cook better food at home. Might as well grab yourself a pizza from a supermarket.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Used £80 worth of Tesco clubcard vouchers to take me and my family to lunch for my sons birthday treat. There was 7 of us in total so as it was a moderately expensive place to eat the £80 off in vouchers was truly needed. The food was amazing with a lovely thin crust which we all prefer, and as have problems with some pizza it was good to see they did a gluten free option which also tasted great. As the pizzas were so thin service was really quick and lovely and fresh. No hanging around at all. Plus the view over the harbour pleased us oldies ;-) Defiantly going back very soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We went there to celebrate our son Daniel's birthday. The service was very good the menu had lots to choose from, and gluten free . Lots of choice for me since i have to have a gluten free diet. Also lots for the rest of the family, good views across the wet dock neptune quay. We had a great time ill definitely be going back.