All reviews pool table free movies train station bar area wet room limited parking football ground the hotel car park per night town centre would stay again walk in shower saturday night comfy bed pleasant stay ps4 playstation
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed one night in February for a birthday celebration. The rooms are very comfortable and modern, the reception and bar staff very welcoming. Liked the idea of a joint reception plus bar. The bar is very cosy and comfortable. We parked in the car park across the road as we had read that the hotel car park can get busy. Enjoyed an early morning walk along the river to the marina, about 15mins away. Overall enjoyed the stay.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
operationsipswich, Manager at pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear Dilip C,

Thank you for the great review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

The team here in Ipswich is working very hard towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Booked the Penta as a last minute break for Easter Saturday. Check-in, which is at the bar, is 3pm so we planned to arrive at just after 12 as we had read that the onsite parking was limited. This worked fine except you still pay £8.00 per day so not cheap!

The hotel is modern, the rooms are a good size and very comfortable. The hotel is around 15 mins walk to the centre but unless you are okay with a 25 minute walk the attractions around the quay are a £6.00 taxi ride away.

The only other gripe is the bar prices, £5.20 a pint is taking the proverbial!

Staff are very good and helpful so I would return but avoid the bar.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 655alano

Dear Alan,

Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Ipswich.

Our team works hard to make our guests enjoy their stay.
Although I understand that you were disappointed at having to pay car parking fees. The majority of town centre car parks, including hotels, are chargeable and we are competitive within the market place. By charging we offer our guests a secure environment as our car park is CCTV monitored and convenient for our guests stay.
I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

What can I say, this hotel melted away all my problems. (Read review from day before at Best Western)

1- parking was simple and easy.
2- the bar/reception was so funky and cool! It was so simple to check in and the team were amazing! 10/10
3- the room itself was tastefully decorated, clean and a good size. The shower room was great and the bed was extremely comfortable. I also watched some movies with the Free TV which was great
4- Dinner was ABSOLUTELY fantastic.
My waitress Marissa was knowledgable and helped me by recommending some of the courses. She was a wonderful hostess and I cannot commend her service enough! I love chilli food and went for the extra hot wings and truffle fries. This was so delicious! I would eat here for dinner again and again if the rest of the food tastes just as good especially if friendly Marissa is there to help me make decisions.
5- breakfast was very chilled out. There was more of a relaxed vibe. I didn’t speak to anyone in particular and helped myself to drinks/food which I liked because I’m not a morning person
6- check out was simple and friendly also.

Service, cleanliness, food and incredible staff makes this hotel 5/5

Trip type: Travelled on business
operationsipswich, Manager at pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Sugarfree_candy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us at pentahotel Ipswich.

The team will be really happy to receive such kind words & I will ensure that they are all thanked accordingly.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Ipswich.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Very lovely place to stay not too far to walk to town . Staff are very nice and helpful . I had a problem with feather bedding which I can not use. I told reception and it was changed very quickly. Room was very modern , clean and Really cheap. They bar was very expensive but with how cheap the rooms are they need to make there money somewhere. I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmaloo77

Dear Emmaloo77,

Thanks for the kind words here on TripAdvisor.

pentahotels are new to the market & we are really excited about the changes that we are making & the positive feedback we are receiving.

I hope that you will continue to support the brand & that we will see you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Indeed a nice hotel with good food. Unfortunately parking space is limited and my room was directly at a main street. A comfortable rest is something different. Pricing is comparable reasonable, but next time I'll give a different Hotel in Ipswich a try

Room tip: Ask for a room, which is not on ground floor and directly at the main street
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank steffen K

Dear Steffen K,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here in Ipswich.

It was disappointing to read that we only provided an average experience for you – this is not what we aim for.

If you would be willing to return back to us, we would love to hear from you and get further details on how we could have made things better for you.