All reviews penthouse suite sea front great sea view king size an iron poster bed town centre would stay again one night stay top floor breakfast was excellent tea coffee making facilities full english public areas large room stayed for nights night's sleep
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Came here with my girlfriend for my birthday, the hotel is immaculately decorated spotlessly clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful the bar is well stocked and reasonably priced, breakfast was spectacular I highly recommend and will be staying here again

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dell T
Reviewed 11 April 2016

The Manor hotel is well placed in Llandudno for pleasant walks along the sea front and about half an hour gentle stroll from the promenade. It is convenient for the town centre. The hotel itself is tastefully decorated and there is free wifi in the public areas. Staff were attentive but not over bearing. There are tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. On the down side, the bathroom in our family room really needed to be refreshed and the shower was temperamental. Whilst the room appeared clean enough, we did find used make up pads at the side of one of the beds. Breakfast was served promptly and the full English was cooked to perfection.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ms_jaffa
Reviewed 10 April 2016

The worst mattress I have ever slept on!
If you are staying in room 15 I would definitely recommend taking an air bed instead. It has what can only be described as the most uncontrolled mattress ever to be placed in a sleeping establishment. I nearly slept on the carpet as it had more give but in the end we resorted to sleeping on the pillows!
When I mentioned to the waitress in the morning that we found it extremely uncomfortable and would it be possible for it to be changed as we found it impossible to actually sleep on, she told me she would let Mark know. I don't know who Mark is but it was apparent that returning back to our room on the second night nothing had been done... To this end, the beds hadn't been made and the 1/2 eaten packet of digestives wasn't replaced!
The family room had a bathroom which you couldn't run a bath as the hot water was literally a trickle so if you are with children used to baths this isn't a viable option!
I'd also agree with other comments regarding the staff, it would have been nice to have had an actual conversation when checking in / buying a drink / checking out but this wasn't to be!
There are though positives to The Manor, the actual location is bang on the sea front and there was ample free parking at the side, it's a 25 minute walk into the pier/most restaurants with children so you'll need to bear this in mind if you have children - we had a 5 and 9 year old.
The reception and bar area seem to have had the money spent on them and it was lovely to have breakfast with fantastic sea views.
Free wi-fi was also offered but this never worked in the extension.
I'm honestly not sure what the other rooms are like but given what I have said above and the lack of sleep we had I'm considering it may not be typical of the Hotel but if this was the only room available in Llandudno I'd choose sleeping in my car or the pebbled beach without a doubt!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 15!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Barrattm
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel itself was pleasant enough. It's location was the main positive for me as it was situated over the road from the sea and a short scenic walk to the pier and town centre.
Unfortunately the staff weren't particularly warm or helpful which was a shame.
The shower in our en-suite was broken, we had to physically hold the shower head as it doesn't stay in the holder when you turn the water on. The room was clean so i cannot complain on that front.
Our 'sea view' room left much to the imagination as you had to be right up close to the window to get a glimpse of the views, which faced the road, rather than the sea, so the majority of the view was of other hotels and a road.
The cooked breakfast in the morning was ok. As we were only there for one night it wasn't too bad a stay, however unfortunately, I don't think I would return.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizrugg
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days. Very happy with this hotel. Staff were excellent. Big shout out to Mark the manager, who was very friendly and approachable. Right on the seafront. Short walk from Italian and Chinese restaurant. Also, excellent chippy and a Co-op. Full English breakfast included (egg, bacon, tomato, sausage, mushrooms, beans and toast; cereal, fruit juice, tea or coffee). Definitely would stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple