“fab meal and fab staff”

Lawton's Cafe Grill
Ranked #1 of 231 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Description: We serve high standard, home cooked food, in a modern relaxed bistro atmosphere. We re open 7 days a week, from 12 noon.
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Had a fantastic meal on the 23rd august for my husbands birthday the manager and the staff were very attentive we booked as its a very popular place I cant rate I highly enough my husband had warm goats cheese for starter it was beautiful then for main fillet steak surf and turf with prawns I had herb crusted salmon the staff were fantastic will be booking again when we go back to Llandudno

HannahScottLJ, Owner at Lawton's Cafe Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you both for your review and such lovely comments.
We are pleased you enjoyed it all so much and we look forward to you returning.

Warmest regards,

Chef Mik Matt and all the team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Service impeccable and food amazing. My husband and I both had steak, his was rib eye and mine sirloin. We both agreed that they were the best steaks we had enjoyed in a long time. Cooked to perfection, tender and full of flavour. Will definitely return if we find ourselves I Llandudno again!

2  Thank BelindaL742

Thank you for taking time to write on Tripadvisor for us. We are very pleased that everything was to your liking and that the steaks were yummy.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Have been here before on a visit to Llandudno, so knew the quality was of a very high standard.
Again it was as before, quality local food well presented and good cheffing.
Very good value all around, would be significantly more expensive in Manchester for example. We will always eat there on our Llandudno trips, it correctly is no 1 on trip advisor in the area, and we have tried lots of the better restaurants in the area.
Had a decent FRENCH malbec for under £16.

Matt went well above and beyond sorting our table, well done him and his pleasant front of house team. Very good team of people at Lawtons in all departments, that's why it's successful.

Lawtons have got it just right and is obviously a successful business.
My only negative if it can be called one, busy nights it's essential to book, I'm OCD so booked weeks ago. We saw lots of people looking at the menu, deliberating then entering to be politely I must say let down on availability.
At least 15 times there were walk ins, it was pretty off putting for diners and time consuming for the management to deal with this, in fact if it's every busy night it must drive them mad.
A small note somewhere saying apologies fully booked this evening please try another time, would save this disturbance for diners and staff.
Same principle as adopted on accommodation with the no vacancy signs !!!!

So book it go and enjoy !!!!!!

2  Thank D V
HannahScottLJ, Owner at Lawton's Cafe Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for your detailed 5 * review.We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us so much. Its very wise to book ahead as we do turn lots of hopeful diners away. Matt is a great manager and always gives 100%, I have mentioned your comments to him, he agrees it can be time consuming on very busy nights.
Our menu and wine list has been designed to suit lots of tastes we are pleased you enjoyed the Malbec and yes you are quite correct we are reasonably priced.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, and thank you for all your positive remarks.

Chef Mik, Matt and all the tea

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

5 star food,5 star service.Recommend everyone that visits Llandudno should try it.Cant wait to go again.Mina and Austin Bowden Grzebisz

2  Thank Williamina B
HannahScottLJ, Owner at Lawton's Cafe Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Ahh you two, the best advertiser's any one could wish for! It was a pleasure to have you dine with us after your wedding.So pleased we helped make your day special.
We look forward to you returning.

Warmest regards and congratulations and thank you once again.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We booked as group as a number of us were staying at the Lawton Court Hotel for the annual Llandudno MG classic car run and wanted to spend an evening together.

We had pre-ordered from a set menu and everything arrived as we had requested.

The front of house staff were all polite and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. When our particular table (we sat across three) felt short-changed with the veg (four broccoli florets for five people) this was addressed without fuss or argument and an additional bowl arrived.

Those behind the scenes in the kitchen were also working just as hard. My minestrone soup was exceptionally tasty, the roast beef was excellent, moist and flavourful, the veg had a bite and the Yorkshire pudding was a triumph! The coffee and walnut cake was a particular delight. The last time I had cake that good I have been about 10yrs old and my Mum had made it!

The restaurant is clean, modern and contemporary, although can get quite warm - wear short sleeves! (Unless you're under the air con unit - take a sweater!)

With the benefit of a discount off the bill as LC hotel guests put meal represented particular value for money. . . although it would have been worth it anyway!

Well worth a visit but do book in advance - with only 11 tables you are likely to be disappointed otherwise.

2  Thank A B

Thank you so much for your detailed and positive response. We are very pleased that you all had such a great time, it can be difficult to accommodate big groups in our Cafe Grill but i'm so pleased we were able to do this for you and everyone was happy. I love the coffee cake too...always a winner for me at Lawton's and you are quite right its advisable to book ahead.