“What a surprise!”
Review of Amy's Cafe

Amy's Cafe
Ranked #23 of 422 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Price range: USD 3 - USD 11
Description: Cafe Restaurant, Fresh, Home made meals and snacks, variety of scoop ice cream and ice cream milkshakes, fruit smoothies, tea and fresh Coffee. local produce. Welcoming, friendly and Relaxed atmosphere, competitive prices. All food is available to eat in or take away.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We needed something to start our Sunday morning in full but as we were only visiting Eastbourne we didn't know where to go. We started to walk along the road but nothing seemed to interest me, I am a really picky and demanding vegetarian/vegan eater so it is really hard to please me. I saw Amy's Cafe which from the outside doesn't really look that impressive, I went close to the window and when I read on the menu Vegan Breakfast I begged my partner to go inside! He agreed and so we went. Still, as I think the cafe is quite new, I wasn't making much of it but I was blown away when my HUGE vegan breakfast arrived! Wow! What a feast! There was tofu scramble, hummus, mushroom, delish bread and potatoes just beautiful! If I had to make a comment though, the beans which were from a tin kind of let me down a bit! Other than this I could not recommend this place enough! Even my partner, who had a regular English Breakfast loved it ^_^

1  Thank Alessia N
282amyb81, Owner at Amy's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you for this review I'm so pleased you came in and enjoyed the food! I'm looking forward to developing our vegan options in the future (and brightening up the exterior when we can afford to) so every review like this is really helpful :) thanks again, Amy.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We decided to pop in and have breakfast, I had a smaller breakfast and my wife had poached eggs on toast, the food wasn't out of the ordinary, I am not saying it was terrible but I feel there are better places to eat in the same area, the service however was excellent and the prices are very reasonable and yes I would go again, many thanks

282amyb81, Owner at Amy's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks for your review, it's a real shame that you thought our food was "average" as we work so hard to make even the most basic of breakfasts as good as they can be. I'll pass on your kind comments to the rest of my staff . Amy

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Ok so the niggling bits first. Sausages were nice but considering the rest of the breakfast they were a let down. If it were my place I'd be looking to work along side a butcher to develop the perfect Sausage that really compliments the cafe. Second was staff were clearing plates while still eating and I felt rushed to finish...
The best bits...
Food was delicious and nutritious. It certainly is a wonderful experience and takes me back to old times with the thick crusty bread. The staff were friendly and helpful and although a long wait for food was well worth the wait. I will go back and can't wait to come back.

282amyb81, Owner at Amy's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review we really appreciate the feedback.
I will find out which member of staff cleared your plates whilst you were eating and tell them off!! This is a big no no and not standard practice in our cafe :)
Good idea about the sausages too. We get the best we can afford but it's something to consider for the future.
Glad to hear that you'll be back, Thanks again, Amy.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Full English. Really good buttered toast, crispy bacon, tomatoes (not tinned), mushroom, sausages, black pudding, beans, fried potatoes, the works. We had to wait but it was worth it, as all breakfasts are cooked from scratch .

Thank you for your review :) hope to see you again, Amy

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Went with pre booked group of 17. Had lovely breakfast, fresh, hot and filling. All our orders were served straight from the kitchen. Took a while but think everyone happy. I struggle to cook one good plateful let alone 17 of them. All the pre-ordered food came to table as requested. Lovely place for filling start to the day. Thank you.

Thanks so much for your review, we really enjoyed having you here :) Amy