“Fantastic Gluten Free Pizza, pasta dishes and Profiteroles the norm - FAB!!!”

Pomodoro e Mozzarella
Ranked #9 of 425 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2015

What a find! The restaurant was busy early eve but quietened down 9pm ish (we ate there twice in 4 days) - it was SO good to find GF diet catered for as the norm! Homemade pizza to order with delicious toppings and all served quickly and with a friendly smile and welcome.
The restaurant is not a 'intimate' type of place - more one that you would perhaps meet friends, family or colleagues for a get together...plain cream walls with modern abstract art didn't really give it any 'feel' or atmosphere but its simply is that sort of place. I enjoyed seeing the food being prepared in the live kitchen - always a good thing for me. When it got quiet the staff polished glasses and plates - again, always a good sign.

Easy to find, welcoming - can be a bit noisy when busy - but altogether great - we'll go back when next in Eastbourne. Thank you for my first ever real gluten free pizza and profiteroles - delicious!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I have been coming to this Restaurant for many years and i still enjoy the food every time i visit. The waiting staff are always welcoming and the service is excellent. The range of dishes is fantastic so there is something for everyone as all styles of Italian dishes are served here. It is the perfect place to eat for adults and children alike.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

Fantastic food, surroundings and service.
Calamari starter was generous and almost perfect, just very slightly tough.
Fillet medallions in peppercorn sauce was divine and although full I forced down a light and delicious tiramisu.
My only criticism was the restaurant was very hot.
We had the most amazing olives and rosemary bread too wish I would whole heartedly recommend.

Very large menu, my colleagues have eaten there many times and have never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

We've been coming to Pomodoro since we moved to Eastbourne 14 years ago. We've tried other pizza restaurants, but keep coming back for the real deal. the pizzas and pasta are both excellent and authentic - and are the main reason for coming here. Other dishes on the menu are good, but perhaps not as impressive. The two course deals are good value and the children's menu is great for pre-teens as the portions are still good size. I personally think the service is excellent - staff are always polite, professional and attentive, with active, involved management. If your table has a birthday, you can order a 'special' desert with candles and the waiters will sing Happy Birthday! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

With 4 friends we went to this restaurant restaurant for dinner, prior to going to the theatre.
We arrived just before 6pm and were served with pre-dinner drinks and had our orders taken. The starters arrived fairly quickly, but as the restaurant filled up the service noticeably slowed. Most of our main courses arrived though it seems that they had forgotten mine as only five dishes turned up. After a wait of a few minutes, my main course duly appeared and everyone enjoyed their main course.
There was then a delay before our plates were cleared, after which we waited for the dessert menus. These finally appeared, but after having chosen our desserts we were unable to attract the attention of any of the waiters to place our orders; it appeared that the number of waiters had reduced over the duration of the meal, and my suspicion is that some of them had been moved into La Locanda del Duca, the sister restaurant next door where a private event was taking place.
As time was moving on and we needed to be at the theatre for a 7.45pm performance, we eventually gave up on dessert and coffee and, after some waving managed to attract the attention of a waiter for the bill.
It is a shame that what could have been a delightful meal (again, I emphasise that the food was good) was made less so by what appeared to be a lack of staff.