1,259 results
All reviews sea view traditional hotel afternoon tea sea front lovely hotel large hotel water pressure family room public rooms beachy head scones very pleasant stay cream tea weekend break one night stay town centre buffet breakfast
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Whilst not exploring nor using all of the hotels amenities due to spending time with family in the town the relaxing ambience of the hotel was enjoyable during ‘down time’. In addition, the enticement of an accompanying breakfast pulled us in. I’m delighted that we didn’t resist.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank O3506EFrichardw
Catherine C, Owner at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as your breakfast!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

A very enjoyable and fun event. I went with my five year old grandaughter and we had great fun especially playing musical chairs at a run around the tea table! The tea was plentiful (too much so we took home the leftovers) and the characters excellent involving every child. We will be going to the next Princess Party in July and although you may think it is a bit pricey at thirty pounds for one adult and child it is certainly worth it when you get there.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Don R

Dear Don R

Thank you for your review of our Mad Hatter's Tea party. Im really pleased that your Granddaughter enjoyed this experience. We have got some new kids themed events coming up so we look forward to seeing you and your Granddaughter there next time.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My fish cake had unidentifiable hard lumps in it. I think it was pork. I asked the waitress to check with the chef but she did not. We also ordered the avocado with sundried tomatoes. They were black.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Annonymous_Mac
Catherine C, Owner at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Annonymous_Mac

I have spoken to my chef. The fishcakes are not the smooth variety in the middle, they have pieces of fish and prawns in them so it was more than likely this and certainly nothing unidentifiable and most definitely not pork! They are all freshly made by our chefs. The smashed avocado on toast has sundried tomatoes that do look dark (black as you said) as they have been marinated in oil for a period of time.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I had a very bad experience using a groupon voucher. I didn’t actually have any food the first time around. I left negative feedback. Then the manager, Jamieson called me, apologised and asked if I would remove the negative feedback if they could redeem themselves. The original offer was for a fish n chips dinner with mushy peas. Jamieson offered the same but with a bottle of prosseco & to dine in the restaurant area as opposed to the bar area. He promised a much better experience and a date was set for good Friday at 7pm. Imagine my disappointment when on arrival my name was not only the dinner list but the waiter when I said I’d booked for fish n chips & a bottle of proseco said , very loudly ‘groupon is in the bar area ‘ ! Very indignantly. I explained that the manager had arranged this and a table was supposedly booked for 7pm.. he had not heard anything about it! He then sat us without another word and left us there ! After 10-15 mins I got up and went to a waitresss and asked why we had no prosseco and why we were being ignored? I had to explain, in great detail what I had been offered and was indeed expecting. Finally the prosseco arrived. A while later the fish n chips arrived with peas not mushy peas. The fish was small and greasy and after a bite , it was tasteless so we both left it and left the hotel... if this is the standard of food I’d give it a miss... what a waste of my good Friday evening..

Room tip: Give it a miss
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Annmarie

I have investigated this in the absence of Jamieson and respond to you as follows.

We did know you were coming - the booking had been put on Bookatable as normal albeit it said in the bar where customers with Groupon offers normally do dine. This is the only miscommunication to the team but your request was met straight away and you were promptly given a window table. The prossecco was bought to you as promised. The fish is most certainly not small and I believe you ate all of it and when asked if everything was ok you said that it was. The peas come as normal peas unless you specifically ask for mushy peas.

We have had great reviews about our fish & chips so I am sorry that once again you left disappointed. However, I do not think that your review is a fair one and not factually correct.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for just two short nights .We had been due to stay three weeks previous but due to snow were unable to travel down. Despite having a booking that did not have a cancellation policy the manager agreed for us to move our stay, under the exceptional weather circumstances, which was truly appreciated as we did not want to miss our stay in beautiful Eastbourne. We were greeted warmly on our arrival at this very plush grand looking hotel, and shown to our room, by a lovely lady I want to call Carol, but apologies if I’ve got her name wrong. Our room was very spacious, clean and grand. The breakfast buffet was a good selection of hot and cold food. Very tasty. The service from the waitresses was very courteous and professional. We used the bar on both evenings of our stay and again service was good and staff appeared to be enjoying what they do. I’d love to have had a sea view as perfect location on seafront...ahh but that’s for our next stay,as we will return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki R

Dear Nikki R

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Im pleased to read that you liked your room, the food and the service at the hotel.

We hope that we will see you again soon.