“Outstanding value”

Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a wet and windy Sunday evening and it was very quiet but the welcome and service we received was very warming and friendly. We opted for the two course set menu at £10-95. Food was outstanding- piping hot and freshly prepared. Starter of Gorgonzola mushrooms was plentiful and so tasty and the mussels and salmon was fantastic and very filling. Wine and prosecco was good and fairly priced. We would strongly recommend a visit!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We visited here for dinner on a Saturday night on a short break in Eastbourne.

Staff were friendly and service was attentive throughout.

We just had olives and bread to start. The marinated olives were tasty and the bread was fresh.

For mains, I had the poached salmon - served in a cheesy sauce with spinach. It came in a bowl of fairly thin sauce which I wasn't expecting but it was well cooked and tasty. I had to borrow my wife's spoon to finish the sauce off. Vegetables were served on the side and I'm not convinced these were freshly cooked - I suspect that may have been microwaved.

My wife had the salmon tagliatelli - served in a creamy sauce with leeks. The pasta was perfectly cooked, as was the fish and overall this was very tasty. A side of Zuccini came cooked in a crispy tempura-type batter. The staff checked for us that there were no breadcrumbs in the batter as this would have caused an allergy issue.

Most desserts I suspect are bought in - being on a branded but pre-produced menu. I had the special - strawberry panna cotta which was good. My wife enjoyed the pistachio ice cream creation.

Overall a very enjoyable evening, and at a very reasonable price for the quality of the food delivered.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I can particularly recommend the set lunches, they are value for money and big portions. The staff are friendly and the owner is really hands on and efficient.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Popped in last night, unfortunately they were full when we arrived and did not have any tables available, We asked if we went for a drink in the cocktail bar, could we have a table a bit later, they said they would save then next one for us, and would come and get us when it was ready, which they duly did, nice touch I thought. Well onto the food, fabulous is all we could say, both starters and mains were cooked to perfection, wine was good,and very reasonably priced as is the food.The service first class, very friendly and efficient. would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We arrived for a birthday lunch - having booked in advance - to be met by a young girl in jeans who said " sit anywhere". She then departed for a long chat with the another young lady at the bar. We had eventually to fetch a waitress to take a drinks order. When we ordered our food - calves liver for my partner whose birthday it was and who chose the restaurant since it had 3 different calves liver choices on the menu - the waitress disappeared only to return a few minutes later to say there was no calves liver. If only we had left at that stage and gone round to our favourite Italian restaurant around the corner.
We had an unexceptional starter and an unexceptional main course. The only desserts available came from a preprinted brochure clearly of bought-in icecream type puddings. We had coffee and left never to return. How did this place become 4th in the trip advisor ratings?

5  Thank judith m