“A wonderful taste of Italy”
Review of Solo Pasta

Solo Pasta
Ranked #10 of 425 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open daily lunch 12.00pm-2.00pm(last order) dinner 5.30pm-9.30pm-last order (after 9.00pm reservations only)
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

First impressions upon walking in - a cosy place, homely and yet modern, welcoming and yet smart. I felt instantly welcome.

The food was wonderful, Italian food at its best - driven by bold flavours and good-quality ingredients.

The complementary bread, oil and olives were top-quality - delicious chilli and garlic dressing on the olives, perfect focaccia and a lovely fruity olive oil for dipping.

Starters - I had insalata caprese - as another reviewer has said, the tomatoes lacked a little punch, but this was made up for by the delicious mozzarella.

Mains - I had the spaghetti with olive oil, garlic and chilli, and my mum had spaghetti Napolitano. Both dishes had perfectly-cooked pasta with a flavoursome yet light dressing/sauce.

The waiting staff were wonderful too - warm, welcoming and charming. The service was excellent - attentive, warm and efficient without being too intense.

The olives were complementary, as was the offer of a limoncello/amaretto nightcap, so altogether a very reasonable bill for a very good-quality meal. Will definitely return if I'm in the area.

3  Thank Joana T

Reviewed 16 June 2016

cosy small Italian restaurant, with excellent staff and meals... If you crave pasta, italian spices, a really juice meal you can not ignore this place!

3  Thank Ferenc B
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

As a group we booked out the restaurant and pre ordered our food. We turned up at 9 and had to wait around an hour and a half for our starters. After a long evening desserts were served at half 11 - which was when the taxis were booked for. The food was really nice but evening ruined by the poor serving time

1  Thank Tania B
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Following a good report from some friends, we thought we would give it a try for my son's girlfriends birthday.
Great welcome, from very attentive staff, relaxed cosy atmosphere very authentic feel. Varied menu with good 'specials board', food was well presented, hot and very tasty. We will definitely be revisiting. Only criticism was a little long between courses.

2  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

I've been in Solo Pasta last week, i'm italian and i can say this is the best italian food i have ever tried in England! The location is nice and the staff is very kind! I hope to go to this lovely restaurant again very soon.

2  Thank Giorgia N