Wow! What a place. An amazing setting, a short walk from a retail park and some restaurants but tucked away and quiet. Plenty of space to sit round the table for 10 of us and rooms very flexible with some being able to be made up as twins or doubles. We will definitely be back... to enjoy the outside more in a warmer time of year.
The house is fantastic - very comfortable with plenty of space for all 12 of us! The garden being directly on the harbour is fantastic - a very relaxing place to sit. We spent most of the time in the conservatory which overlooks the garden and harbour.
Plenty of good food nearby, and plenty of places to walk and see the boats. All staff from Exclusively Eastbourne were very helpful and friendly. Overall we all had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!
We stayed at Wellington Quay with a group friends and their families. There was plenty of space for us all to have our own rooms and bathrooms and the spacious kitchen and dining facilities made it easy to sit round the table and chat. The house is in a great location being an easy walk to restaurants and shops but away from any noise. We even went for a swim in the sea!
Lovely house, think it has 6 bedrooms but we only used 3 of them! The location is superb...right on the marina with its own boat dock. Although you are located right in the marina it is still quiet. The house is in a close so not lots of traffic or anything like that. Ample parking for at least 4 cars...probably more.
I like to cook so was looking closely at the kitchen, it had everything I needed to make a nice dinner, and of course because it is design for a lot of people to stay there were plenty of crockery and utensils etc. Large kitchen table we used every day, and has a more formal dining room that we never bothered with that.
We really enjoyed sitting on the deck just watching the activity in the Marina.
Walking distance (10 mins max) to the restaurants in the Marina, and 10 mins walk to a supermarket (3 mins drive) so easy to stock up on food and groceries down here rather than cart it with you.
used the house as a base to explore the area, which of course is famously near Hastings and everything from AD1066 ! kids enjoyed that side of our holiday...would definitely use the house again and probably for more people as it is huge.
This house is absolutely amazing; we stayed here to celebrate a family birthday and could not fault the house one bit. I am not too sure where to start but here are our highlights from our stay:
• Kitchen – fantastic entertaining space to whip up a group meal, very well equipped and spacious so everyone can chip in!
• All the bedrooms are good sizes with some amazing views
• There is both a large sitting room with plenty of comfortable seating and a formal dining room
• The conservatory is a good size straight off from the kitchen with great views over the harbour and if the sun is shining, you can then access the outside deck, which is a fantastic suntrap. The deck and conservatory overlook the private jetty and you can easily while away an afternoon watching the boats pass
• Location is brilliant with access to the marina facilities including several restaurants and cafes. If you don’t fancy cooking we can recommend the Thai restaurant, amazing food and service
• I have to mention the location again, if you fancy going for a walk there is plenty of stunning scenery to take in, either the local beach or a short drive you can visit the Seven Sisters, Beachy Head etc. – pack your walking shoes!
We will certainly be back to this stunning place.