“Excellent Villa in a fantastic location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 'Casa Cisne'

View of Lounge
Dining Area Seats 8
Kitchen
Another View of Dining Area / Gardens to Side
Main Entrance with Driveway ( Not Shown)
Santo Antonio Golf Course Runs Past The Villa
Lounge and Dining Area
View From Hallway To Lounge
Wood Burning Stove with Fireside Seating Area in Lounge
Dining Area
Super-King Master Bedroom with Ensuite
Large Twin Bedroom with Ensuite
Smaller Twin with Fitted Wardrobes (Not Shown)
Smaller Twin with Fitted Wardrobes (Not Shown)
Roof Terrace
Shower, Washbasin and WC Opposite Smaller Twin Bedrooms
Bath and Washbasin Opposite Smaller Twin Bedrooms
View of Golf Course from Lounge Patio
Cabanhas Velhas Beach  - 12 Minutes Drive
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Uthoocha
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Huge Villa, Great Location, No Internet!”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I would recommend 'Casa Cisne' but with a few caveats.

This Villa does NOT have internet access. If your a Digital Professional like me, then you'll find it hard to go away for any amount of time and leave your business and clients behind. I actually can't as I am contractually obliged to remain in control of my clients accounts 24/7. I was sold on this place having the internet and it doesn't. The Santo António Vilas resort has limited Internet access in two places and neither connections are much good for more then checking your emails. You certainly can't load an Adwords account. The resort also offers a Wifi dongle service with a limited number of dongles available (around 50) for well over 500 villas. So if your going in peak time the chances of actually getting one are slim.

I was told one was booked for me. It may have been, but it wasn't communicated back to me that one wasn't available until I arrived. At which point it was a way too late for me to do anything it. It cost me a fortune in Mobile internet charges and the speed was terrible. Instead of relaxing I spent the whole week worrying about clients, who intern were not happy about me not being able to make minor changes to their accounts. So unfortunately, the one thing I needed from a Villa was miss sold to me and ruined the holiday.

The other main issue with the Villa is the beds. All 7 of them (1 double and 6 singles) were rock solid! I've come home with a trapped nerve in my hip and on writing this can't currently walk very well.

We had a few miner issues with an Ant invasion after my partner put Melon in the bin and a persistent stray cat annoying us around meal times. The Algarve is full of stray cats and the locals appear to be used to them. I am allergic to them, but a few cold cups of water over the cat and by day 4 we stopped seeing it.

So with the very specific negatives over, the Villa is lovely in a beautiful location and very private. The gardens are well maintained with lovely flowers and the swimming pool area is massive. The parasols had all broken and were unusable but its not surprising as the wind can be relentless at times.

Lagos is 30 minutes away and a new Lidl has opened 10 minutes down the main road at Vila do bispo. It's prices are great and they sell fresh pastries.

The Spike bar on in the resort is ok, nothing special. I did have one of the Best Fillet steaks I think I have ever eaten from there. But after being there all week, I wish we would have eaten out, down the road in Salema a few more nights as the location of the restaurants and the food is amazing. Also, the Marina area of Lagos is well worth a visit, most of the boat trips leave from there and the restaurant at the end of the strip 'Quay Lagos, Bar Bistro' was amazing.

All in all we did have a great week at all points away from the Villa, the internet issues could have been a blessing in disguise as we spent every day away from the Villa.

One final not is that the Villa has a lot of steps and a very steep drive, its most likely not the most OAP or baby/toddler friendly. But I would say its OK for kids that can walk up external steps. The Pool area is gated off pretty well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Simming Pool
Liked least: Hard beds
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
14 Aug 2015
Unfortunately, wifi problems made life difficult for this guest, who needed to keep in touch with his work.
There is currently no wifi directly connected to this property but a portable wifi dongle can be supplied by the resort. One was ordered for the guest. Unfortunately, it seems that the resort had none remaining when he arrived. It was peak season and they were all out on hire. One was eventually made available. This is the first time, in my experience, that this has happened. I texted the guest to suggest various locations where free wifi might be found but it seems that none were up to the download job required.
Clearly these are technical issues and I’m not sure if this was (when connection was established) the result of slow download speeds. I find this a big problem in my part of England and it seems that even certain regions of the UK vary greatly in terms of download speed. Someone living in a region where fast speeds are the norm might not be aware of this. ‘Which’ Computing Magazine recently stated that, ‘According to OFCOM’s Dec’14 Infrastructure Report there are people in every Local Authority across the country (UK) receiving shockingly low download speeds of zero to 0.2 Mbps from their service providers. Connection speeds are restricted by the technology used and that, in turn, is largely down to where you live.’

I would imagine, therefore, it not uncommon to find areas of Portugal where download speeds are low, particularly at certain times of the day.
The dongles provided by the resort have always served me reasonably well but I only check emails or browse web pages.

The guest also described the beds at the property as ‘rock hard‘. They are certainly quite firm, especially the ‘superking’ in the master bedroom. All the beds are relatively new and this is the first time anyone has complained about their firmness.

The guest also commented that 2 sun umbrellas had been damaged by strong winds. Indeed, they had but the previous guests had not reported this to Reception or myself as they had remained in Portugal for another week or so. The resort had not picked up on this either. As soon as I read of the damage in this guest’s review I asked the property manager to have them replaced.

Hopefully, this helps explain some of the negative aspects contained in the review. There are, of course, a number of positive ones there, too!
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and general layout of the property
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing