Lowest prices for your stay
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUSD 103
Hotels.comUSD 103
eDreamsUSD 90
1,737 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a relaxed heavenly getaway this is the place to go!! The pools are built around the resort leading onto the beautiful beach. Swim up bars and villa rooms with their own separate spa/swimming pool. Large range of buffet breakfast & options for in room service buffet dinner/BBQ on the beach fine dining or pub menus. Western & thai italian meals on offer. The service here is credible. Staff are beautiful friendly warm and helpful! A shuttle goes few times a day into main beach if you desire shopping etc. they also have water activities/ yoga and trip up to waterfall on Sundays complimentary. The resort design and rooms are so beautiful! This place is incredible & I never want too leave!! Will definitely be back & recommend this place to anyone that wishes to relax & escape this is the place to stay!

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank Deanie84
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My partner and I had 7 days at Mai Samui. The accommodation was excellent. The cooking class was superb and lots of fun particularly being taken shopping in the local markets. The pools and bars were beautiful and relaxing. The staff were very friendly and always helpful. The waterfall tour is a must with its visit to the white monk's the temple. The package we had included breakfast buffet each day which was very good. The location is perfect if you want to be far from the madding crowd as we did. The spa treatments were exceptional. The local area provides some great little restaurants. We particularly enjoyed eating at Piak's bar at the very end of the dirt road. We would most definitely stay again if returning to Koh Samui.

Room tip: Ask for an top floor closest to the beach
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barcoo68
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband and I and our 4 year old stayed here for a week in January this year and loved it. We purchased a scoopon deal and you couldn't ask for much more at around $100 per night. The buffet breakfast was plentiful, the staff were lovely and happily accommodated various requests. We loved the main beachfront pool but it was nice having a kids pool where my daughter could stand up when i got sick of spending hours throwing her around the "big people's pool". There's a toddlers playroom but no kids club here - (a few structured kids activities would have been great and I'm sure parents would be willing to pay a bit extra for this service) but that also means it isn't packed with families, rather it was a nice mix of couples and families from all around the world.

Yes there were quite a few stairs - as one reviewer mentioned - but it gives the resort a lovely spilt levelled outlook, and i didn't mind - as it was the only exercise i did in my lovely lazy week! The other option is to ask for a ground floor room to minimise stairs if you've got kids. Toddlers do have to be careful with the stone walkways overhanging ponds, but all in all i would highly recommend this place if you want a relaxed family holiday - esp at the discounted price!

In regards to food, I wouldn't want to eat here every night - the meals we had were above average but nothing super fab. Although the "seafood promotion" night was definitely a highlight and reasonably priced.

It is a little remote - so keep that in mind - and the beach isn't as nice as others around the island, but we hired a car for a few days to explore. It gave us the freedom to eat at different restaurants and see the more popular spots on the northern end of the island. We'd definitely go back.

We spent a week at the JW Marriott resort in Phuket following our stay with Mai Samui and while it was bigger/fancier and had a kids club it was also 3 times the price and very touristy!

Room tip: Ground floor if you want to minimise stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SydneySrad
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for five days near the end if our month long trip around Thailand, and safe to say this place blew us away. We stayed in a deluxe room, massively spacious and clean with the best shower I have ever used in my life! Staff were always polite and helpful- even bow as you walk past and thank you for giving them the chance to help you out. The facilities are amazing, they have the most incredible pools with in-water bars and computers and DVDs for free use if you're feeling like a lazy day in bed (helped us recover from the full-moon party the night before). The breakfast buffet is NOT something to pass up! Our one gripe was the expensive lunch and dinners, but a 2 minute walk to the GG Resort's restaurant is super cheap and absolutely delicious.

1  Thank TJCorbett
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and another couple and I stayed at Mai Samiu and had the most amazing time. The service was fantastic and facilities were beautiful. If we have the opportunity to go back we will! Absolutely amazing

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple