Lowest prices for your stay
USD 90
Hotels.comUSD 103
TravelocityUSD 103
eDreamsUSD 90
1,737 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband and I and our 4 year old stayed here for a week in January this year and loved it. We purchased a scoopon deal and you couldn't ask for much more at around $100 per night. The buffet breakfast was plentiful, the staff were lovely and happily accommodated various requests. We loved the main beachfront pool but it was nice having a kids pool where my daughter could stand up when i got sick of spending hours throwing her around the "big people's pool". There's a toddlers playroom but no kids club here - (a few structured kids activities would have been great and I'm sure parents would be willing to pay a bit extra for this service) but that also means it isn't packed with families, rather it was a nice mix of couples and families from all around the world.

Yes there were quite a few stairs - as one reviewer mentioned - but it gives the resort a lovely spilt levelled outlook, and i didn't mind - as it was the only exercise i did in my lovely lazy week! The other option is to ask for a ground floor room to minimise stairs if you've got kids. Toddlers do have to be careful with the stone walkways overhanging ponds, but all in all i would highly recommend this place if you want a relaxed family holiday - esp at the discounted price!

In regards to food, I wouldn't want to eat here every night - the meals we had were above average but nothing super fab. Although the "seafood promotion" night was definitely a highlight and reasonably priced.

It is a little remote - so keep that in mind - and the beach isn't as nice as others around the island, but we hired a car for a few days to explore. It gave us the freedom to eat at different restaurants and see the more popular spots on the northern end of the island. We'd definitely go back.

We spent a week at the JW Marriott resort in Phuket following our stay with Mai Samui and while it was bigger/fancier and had a kids club it was also 3 times the price and very touristy!

Room tip: Ground floor if you want to minimise stairs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SydneySrad
Reviewed 8 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for five days near the end if our month long trip around Thailand, and safe to say this place blew us away. We stayed in a deluxe room, massively spacious and clean with the best shower I have ever used in my life! Staff were always polite and helpful- even bow as you walk past and thank you for giving them the chance to help you out. The facilities are amazing, they have the most incredible pools with in-water bars and computers and DVDs for free use if you're feeling like a lazy day in bed (helped us recover from the full-moon party the night before). The breakfast buffet is NOT something to pass up! Our one gripe was the expensive lunch and dinners, but a 2 minute walk to the GG Resort's restaurant is super cheap and absolutely delicious.

1  Thank TJCorbett
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My husband and another couple and I stayed at Mai Samiu and had the most amazing time. The service was fantastic and facilities were beautiful. If we have the opportunity to go back we will! Absolutely amazing

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha N
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We would like to thank the staff of Mai Samui for their wonderful hospitality over our stay in December 2012. Thank you for doing things with a smile on your face. I will definitely recommend your establishment to all my friends and family. The rooms, staff, views, pools and food were all amazing. It was paradise and we hope to visit someday soon!

Veruschka Lala, South Africa

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Veruschka L
Reviewed 1 February 2013

just spent 9 days in this resort..had a deluxe pool acess room it was really worth it...rooms cleaned to a very high standard every day..staff amazing ..they really make this resort..espeacially mr t the food and bevarages manger . extremly helpful and kind ..made our stay very special..hope your feeling better soon..photos dont d this place justice

Room tip: make sure you get a room in block a or b near big pools beach etc ..lower levels best
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple