Grand Sea View Hotel
The Passage Samui Villas & Resort(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
USD 113*
Mai Samui Resort & Spa(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
USD 163*
USD 95*
Agoda.com
Sam Cee Resort(Ang Thong)
USD 20*
USD 1,075*
Jinta City Hotel(Ang Thong)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Nathon Residence(Ang Thong)
Sri Samui(Ang Thong)
Win Hotel(Ang Thong)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 May 2016

I live close by Nakhon Si Thammarat; therefore I visit the island often and have been coming to Samui for holiday for 7 years. Without a doubt, this was the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Examples: I called the front desk to see if they had extra toothpaste, I had inadvertently left mine, the front desk hung up on me. I called back and asked In THAI and again, hung up on. I went downstairs and was completely ignored, about toothpaste!!! I had to change rooms, as the room I was in had the loudest, banging noise air conditioner I've ever heard. The worst, was the 2nd a.m., when I was in a rush to walk to the pier bc I live in NST and needed the 9:00 ferry, I was accused of stealing the water. I explained all the water was in the fridge, that was not good enough, I walked up and showed all 4 bottled of unopened water. Lastly, they wanted to charge me for a nearly empty sprite, which I bought at 7-11. They don't even have sprite in their mini-bar. Cannot Get over how horrible the experience was!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay there, period. Like I said before, I travel all the time to Samui and this was the worst experience ever.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Alice F
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed her for a night before catching a boat from the pier. Luckily it was only a night.. The room was filthy and had ants in, there was a vile smell in the room, the bathroom was so bad we decided not to even shower in it, the balcony could only be described as "in the stairwell" with water from the aircon system literally flooding the floor. The staff did their best with the language barrier and seemed friendly enough. The Pool is nothing like the pictures and the beach isn't like the pictures at all, you can't swim in it! We had a powercut which made the room even more unbearable! Decided to skip breakfast anf get out of there! I wish I had read the reviews before we booked here because for the money we paid we've had far superior accommodation across the island. If there is other accommodation near the pier then please book it!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

We only stayed here for 1 night to catch a ferry the next day. The hotel is only 1 km. away from the pier (Nathan) which is super nice.
Very affordable and really nice rooms. We did not use it, but the pool area looked nice and is basically located ON the beach, with restaurants/bars next to it.
We did notice that the room we stayed in was not so clean though..
I would stay here again, for a shorter trip.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a few weeks in 2015 for business purposes, and would only recommend it for a very short stay or for ones who have low expectations of accommodation facilities.
Within Nathon area, it is probably the best hotel, and as the manager indicated, aims to switch from the Asian market to Europeans. However, in my opinion, it is below the standards for majority of Western travelers.

- Service; hotel staff has very little knowledge of English, and therefore commmunication becomes extremely difficult. For instance, during breakfast not once did we receive what we had ordered, unless it was a buffet. Menu has quite a variety of possibilities, however even if the order is taken by a waiter, you are brought whatever kitchen staff chose to cook.
Furthermore, what concerns the service it should be taken into consideration that not everything that is offered on the website and in travel agency pages is true; laundry service, for instance, does not exist.

- Tidiness; the lobby and surroundings are quite nicely cleaned, however the tidiness of the rooms is an issue if you stay here longer than two days: surfaces, bath, basins and floor are not being cleaned, the room is just briefly swiped.
At certain points the swimming was not possible to use due to a large amount of bugs, rubbish and leaves, and because the workers in charge of it were off duty, no one cared to make it suitable fir guests

- Location; the hotel is quite close to the pier, however still in the silent part of the capital.
- Facilities; overall facilities in hotel are quite normal and useful. There is a conference room, a swimming pool, access to the beach, free canoes etc. WiFi is not working in some of the rooms, and is also quite weak throughout hotel.
The issue is that hotel is more eager to expand the area and facilities than deal with actual problems of service that ruin a stay.

In conclusion, it is anice option if you have to take a ferry and are looking for a place to stay for one day. On the other hand, for a longer stay I would advise to look for a self catering accommodation or live outside of Nathon in general. Of course, if you have low expectations, the stay might even be enjoyable.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Checked into this hotel for two nights but after one night left as there were cock roaches in the bathroom, small lizards in the room. The shower did not work properly and the room was not clean. Birds were nesting outside the window and made noise all through the night

The common area by the beach and pool was generally dirty. The room rate was reasonable but after one night decided I was not staying.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo