USD 298
Hotel Zhero(Cas Catala)
USD 193
USD 187
USD 292
All reviewsbon solmain restaurantbreakfast roomunique hotelwaiter servicefour coursesbeachside restaurantowners martinvarious levelsspecial hotelprivate beachyear after yeara family run hotelsuits of armourreturning guestseggs cooked to orderjunior suite
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I made my first visit in 1972 after going around the island in a boat, the hotel was different then but the hospitallity was incredible. I have been returning almost every year and still today the warmth is outstanding. The decor is very Spanish, each bedroom so comfortable. A lift and tunnel takes one down to a private beach and swimming pool with a wonderful bar. Christmas is also a joy even a gift is handed out by Father Christmas, what can be more jolly.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2010

This was our third visit - and it was as lovely as ever. The welcome and friendliness surround you - from the excellent recption staff where nothing is too much trouble, to the friendly faces of all the restaurant staff. This time we ate nearly every meal down at the beach side restaurant - great food and lovely sea sights and sounds while you eat, plus the guitarist playing quietly in the background during dinner. We realised that probably we preferred the lower restaurant a bit because the average age of the diners was deginitely more youthful than and a bit less stuffy, than the diners up in the formal restaurant - and we enjoyed that. WE love the quirky layout of the hotel with all the different buildings and connecting under-raod corridors and lifts - it makes for lots of daily exercise when combined with all the steps!
Our room, on the second floor had a magnificent view out over Palma bay and we sat endlessly on our balcony just enjoying the endless movement of boats out in the bay.
You can't fault the cleanliness, atttention to your comfort and all the welcoming extras (fruit in the room, ;lots of towels, bathrobes, slippers, ENGLISH TV chanels for if you bother to watch TV)
It's not cheap (althogh in- house drinks and snacks are very fairly priced) but worth every penny, we'll definitely be going back

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gingerfoxesmum
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I attended a small conference in April 2010, which was interesting since this hotel is not aimed at the conference crowd. However, it was a very pleasant experience, hats off to the organizers. Since the conference did not allow for much free time, the quirky architecture of the hotel (already mentioned by many reviewers) was a welcomed amusement. The hotel is indeed unusual in its multi-level and somewhat labyrinthine structure, and can be confusing at times. It features kitschy faux-medieval appointments together with a uneven collection of asian art pieces, from collector's item to tourist junk. Strangely, it all works out for a funky atmosphere that I found stimulating: I can't remember the last time I was in a hotel that pushed me to exploration! The gardens were luxuriant, with many mature trees surrounding the swimming pools. My room was ample and airy, with a superb view of the Palma Bay. The full moon nights, quiet and warm, with a glass of scotch at hand, in my own little terrace were memorable. It is clear that the glory days of this institution are gone, but the whole place doesn't take itself too seriously, breathing an air of faded glory under the Mediterranean sun. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner for three days, and found the food was a little tired, and not up to par with a 4-star hotel. In sum, a great place for an unusual romantic weekend, a small conference or business meeting. I am not so sure for a whole vacation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2010

My husband, daughter and I have just returned from a pre-wedding relaxation holiday at the Hotel Bon Sol in Illetas. My husband and I have travelled extensively over the past few years and this has got to be one of THE best hotel we have ever stayed in. On our arrival we were upgraded to a Junior suite as our daughter was travelling with us. This was very spacious and immaculately clean at all times. The food is EXCELLENT and all the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. The owners Martin and Lorraine (and their adult children) were on hand most of the time, overseeing that everyone/everything was perfect. The grounds are beautiful and it is ideally situated for easy access, via bus, into Palma. Everything that could have been thought of, in order to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, had been covered. We cannot recommend it highly enough and would certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Just back from an Easter Break,fantastic as always. Just like meeting up with special friends again. Food ,Wine Entertainment without peer, this is our 6th visit and we will be back again twice before end of year.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends