USD 208
USD 462
Hotel Zhero(Cas Catala)
USD 133
USD 248
All reviewsbon solmain restaurantbreakfast roomunique hotelwaiter servicefour coursesbeachside restaurantowners martinvarious levelsspecial hotelprivate beachyear after yeara family run hotelsuits of armourreturning guestseggs cooked to orderjunior suite
Reviewed 7 July 2017

My wife and I have just returned from our third stay at the BonSol. We stayed for 7 days on our previous 2 visits ; this time we stayed for 10 days. Readers can see my previous review made in 2015 and I still endorse the many positive comments made on this site by other contributors.
However the more you find out about a place , the more the obligation to make others aware of what you find. So I feel obliged to draw attention to the following :

a) As on our previous visits we booked a junior suite. This visit we were allocated room 91 which we discovered is immediately above the bar/lounge where all the entertainment takes place. We were initially informed that the entertainment ceased at 11pm every night and as my wife and I invariably participated and never retire before 11 pm , we were not concerned above any potential noise in our room . We soon discovered , however, that the entertainment on almost all evenings is contracted to end at midnight. We asked to be moved to a different room after 2 nights as it was impossible to sleep before midnight.
Although room 91 is a pleasant enough room with a huge balcony and lovely views , I suspect this room ( along with at least room 92) is totally unsuitable for the vast majority of guests because of the entertainment noise. I made this point to the hotel management. There was no noise problem in the next floor up where we were allocated a n alternative room.

b) If you enjoy an evening stroll along a promenade after dinner or to find a bar etc , this resort is not for you . The hotel is in a pleasant mainly residential area near the top of a steep road. There is however a loop road to walk round to Illetas beach about 15 minutes away.

c) On a more positive note we were delighted to discover a wide choice of bottles of wines at well under 20 euros at lunch and dinner in the hotel. You will not be ripped off !

The secret of this hotel's enduring popularity is the obliging staff many of whom have served in key roles for many years at the hotel. They are outstanding and a credit to the owners.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 91 and 92 ! Ask for a room on second or third floors of main building
11  Thank David M
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The Bonsol is simply beautiful. The service is second to none, the staff are friendly and always very helpful.
The food is delicious, varied and fresh. There is no need to eat anywhere else, its easy and worth so much to the holiday experience.
The pool is perfect, refreshing and idyllic.
The rooms are amazing, the beds are comfy and very very clean. The facilities throughout the hotel are first class.
This is a Hotel that must be experienced!!
I have stayed here now 4 times and hope to keep coming back.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic!
1  Thank natashaive
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this beautiful family run hotel. Food amazing. Absolutely spotless rooms. Staff very helpful and polite nothing too much trouble.
I can understand why people return time and time again, year in year out.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Denise J
Reviewed 25 June 2017

what a hotel! this hotel stands out for its location, delicious food and excellent service. the interior of reception and bar are impressive with many antique things and its really enjoyable. the hotel rooms are located in 3 levels up to the beach, with alleyways you could find hardly your room sometimes. there are 2 restaurants for breakfast and dinner, one is next to the reception and one is closer to the beach, so you can choose any which is closer to your room, the quality and choice of food is very good, it is worth 5* hotel. We got very nice sea view room with separated bedroom and living room, 2 balconies , its really warm and comfortable with traditional style. some people complain about humidity in room, but our was just perfect.I also like that there are a lot of different plants, trees and flowers, feeling like in botanical garden a bit.The stuff is very helpfull and positive. I never tried the spa, just did quick look and I found the atmosphere was very relaxing and it smelled very good. Id recommend this hotel for romantic getaway, although there are a lot of elderly travellers.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Kseniia A
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Returned to hotel after several years holidaying elsewhere.In my opinion hotel now needs a revamp to become a more modern establishment with a much lighter colour to decor as there is just too much brown decor,furniture and flooring.Hotel is still a nice place to stay with the jewel in the crown being the beach restaurant for all meals if you wish. The menus are not extensive but food was good quality cooked as you like it.Not the best place to stay if you have mobility issues. Hotel has 3 pools all needed a clean as debri on bottom but that was sorted out quickly.Staff great.Very often saw owners greeting guests and eating in which was nice to see.

3  Thank Terence L