All reviews air ambulance the bus pleasant stay basic hotel low cost single room buffet style cold meats hotel is located yogurt stayed here for nights hospital babies mums norway city annex
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I have to say that I am quite impressed by this hotel as I had kind of low expectations going that this is a "hospital hotel" and reading bad reviews both on the rooms and the breakfast.

We have traveled some over the years and we have been to some really amazing hotels so I will call my self somewhat picky, but the look and feel of our room was definitely up to the task as it was clean with decent modern look.

There are two small complains that I tend to have with Norwegian hotels:
1. I really do dislike two singel bed setup to be a "queen size", the comfort of waking up in the expanding Crack in the middle is never fun.

2. The room was a little to hot as there are no AC, but there are one window you can open, but there is a slight chance you will wake up to sirens or the medical helicopter as stated before : you are staying right next to the hospital.

Over to the breakfest:
I have read quite a lot of bad reviews here and I had quite low expectations but I was again positively surprised as I saw few flaws with this breakfest.

They had fruits, home made bread, juice, coffee, different cereal, three kinds of yoghurt, cheese, jelly, sausage, hard and soft boiled eggs, scramble egg and toast.

Not the very best selection but far from the worst!

Overall a pleasant stay and perfect choice when you or loved ones are going to the hospital.

PS: The parking is also quite expensive but this is not controlled by the hotel anyway.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tknudse
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel which is adjacent to the hospital. The rooms are basic but there are numerous bus stops that take you directly into the city center. Their cafe is open 24/7 which makes it nice. They also have a guest kitchen just in case you’d rather cook your own meal.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

The rooms are quite okay. They are in good condition and feels modern. You have a little mini fridge and a TV with various channels. Bathroom is okay with a shower and tiles on the floor and walls.

Now, the downside.... The food is terrible, in fact I would go so far and call it one of the worst of all my hotel visits around the globe. Breakfast lacks variety, it lacks taste and it feels cheap. Don't expect eggs and bacon with beans in tomato sauce here...
Lunch, well... one warm meal every day which was only vegetable soup.
Dinner was also a huge disapointment. Not only the short time you could grab a dinner plate (only until 7pm) but the meat from the ham was so dry it had begun to curl upwards. Even with it swimming in tasteless sauce it almost did a full stop in your throat. Well... i was hungry so i had to try and eat some of it.

Staff at the reception was always smiling and helpful which is a plus.

Overall its not worth the money to buy food in the "restaurant" i'd rather pay less staying there and get a fatty burger at the nearest Mc Donalds rather than a meal at this place.

Besides the disgusting food the hotel is ok for a few nights stay, but not for the long haul

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

If you fancy the hospital atmosphere, this is the place to be. This hotel is annex a hospital, so loads of patients around. Don't be surprised you having a "rather poor" breakfast with loads of mums with their newborn babies. Don't bother having dinner there, it is a hospital cafeteria. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, but at night you might be woken up by the emergency helicopter which lands just besides the hotel. I was supposed to stay two days but reception accepted my cancellation without cost and I went to a hotel in town. Also note that this hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so you can't even get out and have a decent dinner or drink next door. Pricewise this was probably the cheapest hotel in Stavanger, and that is why probably you still see business people being lodged there

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017

As others have pointed out, this is a hospital-attached hotel, with a hospital-like atmosphere. Most people stay here only if they have business at the hospital. My single room was simple and sparsely furnished (without a single coathanger!), but was impeccably clean.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo