All reviews affordable hotel the bus free wifi codes fridge airport reception city cereal nok
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

To be fair, I don't know how much my 5-night stay cost because the booking was made via a prepaid voucher by my employer, but I assume it was at a relatively low cost.

I arrived at midnight on a Sunday and was tired following a long day flying. I couldn't get in the hotel because the reception closed at 8 pm therefore I kept ringing the bell. Eventually a grumpy man let me in and told me I should have used the unlock code he'd emailed me. It turns out this was sent to my PA on Saturday evening but she didn't get to work until Monday so there was no way I could have received it. Also, to park I was supposed to have sent an email ahead of time with my car details but I'm not a clairvoyant hence I didn't know what rental car I was going to be given at the airport...

There was no maid service for room cleaning so I had to make do with one pathetic bath towel for 5 days. The bed was awful and it took me a couple of hours each morning to stand up straight which was particularly annoying because my work can be physically demanding.

The restricted hours of the reception meant that I couldn't book an early breakfast when needed. Perhaps one is available but I never got to find out. When I was able to make breakfast the buffet was OK.

Overall, this is not a good hotel choice if staying more than one night due to its limited service and somewhat surly attitude.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had a room and shared the toilet and shower. Everyting was clean, the room was very large, but the furniture was old. Because of the loud noise of the road next to the hotel, you have to close all windows during the night. The staff was very friendly and even made us a free lunch package because we dit not had the time for breakfast on the day of our departure!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Breakfast was a bit boring with the same food every day. but otherwise okay.Perhaps a change of cold meats, change of cereals and cheeses would be nice. Coffee from the machine was good. Not ultra modern but a clean comfortable and affordable hotel, which was what we were looking for.

눇Property was about 10 mins walk to all activities which was great. Beds were great as were the pillows. Very comfortable. Hot shower with good force of water. Bus stop around the corner to the airport was very handy. Friendly and helpful staff. Room was very quiet and could not hear any noise whatsoever from other rooms even though the hotel was busy. Due to some reviews I was a bit worried about the check in after hours and the door codes etc, but this was no problem and I was emailed the codes in good time before my arrival. Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Had one on the top floor. Very quiet with nice view of street.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This is (by Norwegian standards) an inexpensive place to stay, about 10-15 minutes' walk up the hill from the centre of Stavanger.

The hotel occupies an old building which has no lift, so be prepared for a climb up the stairs with your bags if you're allocated a room on the fourth floor as I was. Bathroom facilities are shared rather than en suite but were clean and perfectly usable.

The hotel is also a café and provided a good breakfast.

Altogether, this was a good budget place to stay in Stavanger, although next time I'd probably pay a bit more for a better location and more up-to-date facilities.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This little hotel could have deserved a bit higher rating, but standard is not more than average. We arrived by car, and easily found the free parking area for hotel guests just behind the building. Booking had been made electronically and we had received codes for back entrance and room assignment before arrival. The code for the back door functioned fine, and we could search for our room. Then troubles started. We had got a code for opening a key box next to the room door. The idea was that the room key was deposited inside this box. The code for the box, however, did not work. Luckily we arrived at a time when there was someone at the reception, and we asked for help. Unfortunately, the very friendly lady could not make it either, so we went down to the little café for a lunch while waiting. The lunch was good and cheap, but tasted good. An omelette for 47 NOK is a bargain in this town. While we had our lunch a man came with a door key, which worked, and we could book into our room. It was quite big, with separate chairs and a bathroom. This day was sunny, the room facing the street, and being to the south, it was extremely warm. The traffic just outside was heavy and noisy, so opening the window was not a real alternative. Needless to say, the room had no air condition. The traffic slowed down a bit during night, and so did the temperature. The bathroom was very small, but had a good shower, and facilties were clean. The free wifi functioned, but was a bit slow. If you visit a hot summer day it may be advisable to choose a place a bit more expensive to have a better experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple