“Just a bad meal”

FireLake Grill House
Ranked #34 of 228 Restaurants in Stavanger
Price range: USD 16 - USD 37
Description: FireLake is a contemporary grill restaurant concept, born in Minnesota and now available in Stavanger. Known for its North American roots with a Nordic influence - located in the heart of the city.
Reviewed 17 August 2018

You get meals like this from time to time so you shrug your shoulders and move on. I had booked but that didn't stop the Mgr avoiding me and finally after 10 minute wait a waiter showed me to the table. I choose the recommended sliced steak which was not easy to eat and luke warm at best. My waiter a Greek gentleman understood my plight and discounted the bill. Would I go back most likely not I couldn't wait to leave

Jens B, General Manager at FireLake Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Robin,
thanks for your feedback and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I know we can do better then what you are discribing and I hope you will give our team another chance to prove that to you.
with kind regards

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing food. Relaxed atmosphere and impressive service. Local ingredients presented to it’s best potential.

Dear Synne,
thanks the great rating and review. We hope to welcome you back soon!
With kind regards

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We spent a dinner with friends last Friday, August 10th. The booking was easy and we received a confirmation SMS the day of the visit. When we arrived we where met with 100 % service attitude and a smile. The member of the team taking care of us was fully focused on giving all of us a good experience. Both the food and the wine recommendation from the waiter was superb. During the visit the waiter kept a distance but always alert if the glas was getting empty etc. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Keep up the good work Zorica and team !!

2  Thank Silver513

Dear Silver513,
Thanks a lot for the great review and rating. We hope to see you soon again and with kind regards

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I had dinner here while on a business trip. The waiter was extremely helpful. Quality of the beef was to the (high) standard expected and servings were generous. Restaurant has a nice ambience and pleasant view across to park with a lake.

Marinho315, Manager at FireLake Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Richard ,

Thank you for the visit and the Words , we hope to see you soon !

best regards Mario

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We visited as a party of 11 for drinks and dinner.
For starters we had a seafood platter to share. The shrimps appeared as if they had been frozen and the food arrived very late given that there was not many guests.

The service left us alone, kind of too alone, because we had to ask to get something more to drink and was not offered.
Furthermore we had to go to the bar to settle the bill rather than them being observant enough to get that we wanted to leave.

Meat was very good, so where a lot of the other food, but I still only rate it average due to lack of service and some of the food not beeing fresh.

1  Thank Roger V
Marinho315, Manager at FireLake Grill House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Roger V ,

We are really sorry to read that you had a bad experience With us , we use 90% of local and fresh ingredients .

Normally Our Staff is very attentive,Friendly and Professional but i will try to improve any lack os attention from Our side .

we would like to invite you to visit us again .

best regards