All reviews light dinner great location changed my mind evening supper staff are so friendly and helpful equipped rooms free evening simple dinner freshly squeezed orange juice sized bed ice machine breakfast and dinner iron and ironing board dinner included outstanding breakfast excellent hotel included in the price
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We loved Stavanger . Hotel was in a good location being close to all the major attractions. The staff where very friendly and helpful and the rooms where comfortable and clean . Breakfast was excellent with vast choices including gluten free options . The included evening meal was very good and welcome considering the cost of eating out .
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Olle A, General Manager at Thon Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Susan B,

Thank you for staying at Thon Hotel Stavanger.
It´s wonderful to hear that the hotel contributed to a good experience and that the staff, food and location lived up to your expectations.

We greatly appreciate you sharing it with others and recommending us. Thank you for that.
Welcome back another time.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful two and half week stay here. First, the room rate was one of the best for downtown Stavanger. The full breakfast is included and excellent with great coffee service. My room although not large was clean and well-appointed with nice extras: slippers, umbrella, housecoat etc. The included light dinner was very satisfying. The gym is small but complete. I highly recommend this hotel and will almost certainly stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Joe B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here at tripadvisor.
I´m glad to hear that your stay was a success and that enjoyed our services and facilities.

We do appreciate you as a customer and truly hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights.
The room was clean although small
The thing that stands out is the service. From the minute we walked in the front door to check out and departure the service was 5 star.
From the reception to food service to check out we were very impressed . The included breakfast is to notch. My wife said it was better than on our recently completed 5 star cruise breakfast on Viking cruises .
The hotel is in a perfect location and within a 5 minute walk to the harbor and center of all you want to see.
Okay ! I went to get the car and pull up to the front of the hotel to load luggage. I parked and got out to load. Guess what , my wife and the receptionist came out with the luggage and helped load it up.
I was very impressed with the service at this hotel.
I would stay here again with no question

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Kinga K, Resepsjonssjef at Thon Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Alan R,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your recent stay! It is so great to read your over the top kind words about Thon Stavanger Team , the service our staff has provided during your stay and your breakfast experiences.
The entire staff takes pride in providing the best possible service and experience for our guests, so your feedback is welcome and appreciated.

I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the Thon Stavanger team!

Thank you for being our guest and we hope you can visit us again!

Kinga Zs. Kjeldaas
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I have no prior experience with Thon Hotels, but I came away very impressed with this hotel. The location of this hotel served our needs very well as it is just a 5 minute walk from the train and bus station and a 5 minute walk to the Tau ferry. On check in the front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful. The hotel motif is bright, modern, and very European. The rooms are a bit smaller than I am used to but we managed just fine with the available space. The room and bathroom were immaculately clean and very well equipped. The light supper is just that - light. It was decent and satisfactory, but if you are very hungry you might be better off seeking a restaurant. The breakfast was unlike any spread I have ever seen. So many choices and all very tasty and presented well. I am gluten free and I have never seen such a large selection of GF items for breakfast - I applaud you Thon Hotel Stavanger!!. The wait staff in the food area were extremely helpful - they could not do enough to serve our needs. In the end I think this hotel is an excellent value and I would not hesitate to stay there again when in Stavanger. If there is any negative it would be the street noise on a Saturday night. Ask to stay in the back area and it will be very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for rear facing room away from street
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Dave B,

Thank you for staying at Thon Hotel Stavanger.
I´m delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us, and that you valued some many things in the hotel. Especially nice is that you mention both the service from my colleagues and the breakfast. Both which we are focusing, and constantly working hard to perfect.
Also great to read that our big selection of gluten free was appreciated.

Thank you for rating us and warmly welcome back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

In general rooms in Norway are more expensive than in other parts of the wirld, but if price and value matches it is a great thing. They do at this place big times.
Reception was quick, efficient and very friendly. Room not very big, but very well equipped. Minibar, tea, iron board and iron, big telly, airco, very comfy bed and clean. Bathroom big enough and very clean.

Breakfast was one of the best i had for long. A huge choice in hot and cold, lactose and gluten free juices all fresh, huge choice of bread and rolls. Just great.

Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear 837svenb!

Thank you for the nice 5 star review! It is great to see you had a nice stay and took full advantage of what the Thon Hotel Stavanger has to offer! Really nice to read that you found our breakfast "best ever" , we aim to give all our guest an unforgettable breakfast experience:)

We appreciate that you are recommending us, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best,