All reviews det hanseatiske hanseatic museum roll top bath separate shower fish market earplugs provided old building stayed in a junior suite modern amenities lots of character interesting hotel fourth floor hanseatic league perfect location unesco heritage site walk in shower coffee machine
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Check-in was nice and welcomed by hospital person

Antique room but not neatly fixed with new equipment blended without taste and value of old things

Look nice but could not sleep the whole night because noise from upper floor walking and dropping something. Noise from outside as the hotel did not invest for sound proof window. In fact old buildings can have all these properly fixed on.

Problem was reported to in-charge staff at 9a.m. hoping that the room can be changed. The answer was only the hotel was busy. No help could be done.

Originally plan was for 2 nights stay but without being taken care I could not spend another night without sleep quality and I wouldn’t let inhospitable people punish me at cost I spent. Of course I move to a much nicer hotel at approximately same price but much better room. There are plenty nearby.

Of course I paid for both nights for one night stay as their one time business seemed more important than long term.

Apart from that the Do Not Disturb light was on while we went out to find a new place to stay but staff came into the room, did the bed and changed towels.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I only stayed one night prior to getting on our cruise ship. Had we to do it all over again, we would have booked at least 3 nights because we love Bergen, but more importantly, we love this hotel. Quirky old building forms part of the UNESCO site at the old harbor. The hotel is within 2-3 blocked of everything worth seeing and doing. The rooms are very nice, the restaurant and bar were great (best meal of our trip), and the staff were wonderful. Can’t wait to go back.

2  Thank D8494NOmarkj
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

The Hanseatic Hotel has plenty of character and charm with the well maintained and updated older structures of Bergen and just the perfect amount of rooms to not make you feel like you are staying in a big hotel chain. Our room was very clean and and provided creature comforts with its beautiful style. Staff were friendly and great breakfast options included in your stay. Location was stellar!

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This is a “charm” hotel with individually decorated rooms in two very old structures that were updated and connected to make the hotel. The bathrooms are small but serviceable.

The location is excellent, in the downtown waterfront area, and next door to the fish market and the Hanseatic Museum.

Staff are very pleasant and helpful, a joy to interact with.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MannyG2000
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful, better beds I’ve ever experienced and the restaurant is fantastic. Well staffed, amazing location (UNESCO level), great shops and attractions around. Couldn’t hope for more.
Cozy, warm ambiance with a great service included.

1  Thank Francisco R