“A Great Little Apartment in a Perfect Part of...”
other traveller has booked this property
Apartment is situated close to city centre
Highligths in Bergen Bathroom. Entrance ahead.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Highligths in Bergen
Bathroom. Entrance ahead.
Bathroom is equiped with washingmashine.
Apartment is on ground floor. Entrance left.
Quiet street with not a lot traffic.
House in the middle of this picture. Surrounded by old wooden houses.
View from mount Floyen.
Bathroom with washingmachine
Bedroom with 200x160 cm bed
Bedroom. Bathroom entrance left.
Kitchen with dishwasher, coffemaker and kettle
Livingroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
L Y
Seattle, Washington
“A Great Little Apartment in a Perfect Part of Bergen!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

This was a real find. Extremely affordable (Yikes! Norway!). Clean, comfy, convenient. My friend and I spent two nights in Bergen at Eirik's place. We did not get to meet him as he was out of town but his daughter was lovely and was our contact for while we were at the apartment. She was helpful with figuring out Bergen, as well with some other questions we had (I think about buses or the airport shuttle).

I had been conversing with Eirik over email for seven months prior to our visit. He was always helpful and informative. He even reduced the price he had quoted us as we were officially "off season." Nice.

I slept on the very comfortable couch in the little living room. Great sheets and bedding. My friend loved the comfy bed in the bedroom. Everything was clean and organized. Even extra adapters! We didn't cook much, but the kitchen was nicely stocked.

We LOVED the location. Up the hill, yes (great exercise walking around there). We had to take a cab there first as we had luggage. Once we got our bearings, we walked all the time, many different routes (little streets and stairs). We usually walked down past the funicular (Fløibanen). One time, we walked to the funicular, took it up the mountain and walked back to the apartment. Got fabulous soup at nearby Bastant. Every time we went out there was another amazing street to walk with all the old wooden houses.

The day we left, we packed up our suitcases and were able to leave them in the common entryway to the house. This was great as our flight out of Bergen wasn't until later and we did not wish to shlep our luggage around. We just left the key in the lock box after we picked up our luggage later in the day.

Why stay in an expensive, stuffy hotel when you can stay in a house with light and character?

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the character of the neighborhood.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
cobbLA
Los Angeles
“Great apartment and host”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My husband and I stayed here in the middle of our vacation as a break from hotels. The apartment is a good value for Bergen, spotless, and has everything you need. You feel like you are part of the neighborhood and I love the historic area that the apartment is located in.

Eirik is very helpful and speaks perfect English. He answered ALL of our inquiries promptly prior to arrival and was very helpful once we arrived in giving us directions and maps to places we wanted to visit. I liked that he had a lockbox with the key so we didn't feel like we had to arrive at a certain time. The lockbox is very high so look way up if that is the method you are using to enter. I'm 5 feet tall and could not reach it.

We had a rental car and it was VERY challenging driving on the narrow switchback streets. Luckily my husband was driving and we parked directly across from the apartment door. I had to close my eyes several times and I'm an aggressive Los Angeles driver If I were driving, the car would have been left at the bottom of the hill and I would have lugged our bags up the hill which would not have been fun. We turned in our Hertz rental car as planned prior to leaving Bergen and took the train from Hertz to city central (about 10 minutes). Another 10/15 minute walk up the hill to the apartment. The next morning it was no problem rolling our luggage down the hill from the apartment (about 10 minutes) to catch the Norled ferry to Flam.

Tips: The Bergen Hertz rental car office closes at 4:00. We arranged to turn the car in later that day and they have a key drop box for that purpose.

If you have your ferry ticket, you don't need to go inside the ferry terminal to check in, go directly to the ferry and get in line. We were the first ones to arrive that morning but got the last window seat because we were waiting inside to check in rather than outside. Although the sign on the door said the office opened at 7:00; the employees did not start until 7:30. so we lost 30 minutes by waiting inside while others in the know were outside.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sutton Coldfield UK

Reviewed 12 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing