1,034 results
All reviews light evening meal complimentary water squeezed orange juice complimentary dinner breakfast was amazing amazing hotel superior room breakfast buffet quiet street fantastic stay fish market hot dish i highly recommend this hotel nespresso machine included in the price perfect location airport bus
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We are a group of 19 people from Thailand who went on a scandinavian cruise and plan to visit Bergen after the cruise. Bergen became to be the most impressive place in our trip and one reason is Thon hotel.

Thon hotel offers a lot more than we expect from the money pay. The location is just in the middle of all attractions in Bergen but you won't feel crowded ( you can do only 10mins walk to the trainstation to do flam railway trip).

The breakfast here is one of the best. Seems like the hotel pay attention to every details. On the last day, we have to leave early for our flight, but the hotel kindly prepare nice breakfast on-the-go for all of us. This really an impressive thing they do for us.

They also offer free light dinner which is really nice. The salad bar is fresh and has variety of choice to choose.

All 19 of us (includes many elderly) are so impress with Thon hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Thon-Rosenkrantz, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Sareeya,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and rating us with top score, we greatly appreciate it!

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you found our hotel to be superb and the location perfect. Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz is indeed located within easy access to many of Bergen's famous tourist attractions, such as mount Fløien, the Hanseatic Wharf and the fishmarket.

Moreover, I am delighted that you found our breakfast to be one of the best and that you appreciated our "early bird breakfast boxes" :) We certainly pay attention to every detail, striving to offer a high quality breakfast with home made food and a great selection.

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers, we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The hotel has a lot of pluses:
Location: central to the wharf where boats for cruises dock and leave, a short walk takes you to the train station
Great wifi
The morning and evening meals are fantastic, especially where eating out is prohibitively expensive.
Very Friendly staff
One minus:
The rooms at the same class are wildly different in size and accommodations. I had 2 rooms for my family of 4. While they are both small, one is super small with just room for a bed while the other has space for a small sofa and table in the sitting area. The bigger room has a regular bath tub. The small room came with a small shower pod. So, if you are shown the super small one, ask for a slight larger room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Thon-Rosenkrantz, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Joan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, we greatly appreciate it!

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found the location perfect, close to many of Bergens tourist attractions and public transportation.

It also gives me great pleasure to read that you found both our free evening meal and breakfast buffet fantastic :) Home made food and a great selection is certainly of high focus, and I am glad it fulfilled your needs.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the size of the rooms. Our rooms are indeed individually designed, in order to meet different guest requests. Please send me an email upon your next arrival with your room preferences and I will do my best to fulfill your request.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Have been a couple of times after they renovated, and this is a great hotel. Rooms are nice and quiet. Pillows fluffy, air great. Location good and close to the center.
Breakfast is outstanding, simply put. I have not had better anywhere.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Richard,

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay every time you have been here after the renovation :) In particular; I am most pleased that you found our breakfast outstanding. We do strive to offer a high quality breakfast with home made food and a great selection.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights after 2 weeks travelling through Norway. I booked online and paid in advance, so I think the price was reasonable.

We arrived around 9:30am and our room was available. We booked a twin. The room was quite spacious (ie good use of available space) and very well appointed throughout, with a great bed, bathroom and toiletries.

Breakfast was included, as was a "light" evening meal (which I didn't realise when booking) consisting of bread, lasagne, pasta, salad and a small dessert etc. A very adequate dinner. Breakfast was probably one of the best I've experienced, with great variety and super fresh hot and cold ingredients.

Espresso coffee etc and some fruit and pastries (eg doughnuts cut into small pieces etc) were avaliable throughout the day.

The staff were super obliging and efficient and the location was perfect, being one street up from the Bryggen and very quiet. It was also about 5minutes maximum easy walk (with luggage) to the busstop for the Flybussen to the airport, so absolutely no need for a taxi.
Unless you are super fussy I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chriscameron05

Dear Chris,

It thrills me to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found our breakfast buffet one of the best you've experienced. We certainly strive to offer a high quality breakfast with home made food and a great selection, and I am glad it exceeded your expectations. I am also delighted that you found both our light evening meal and the snacks provided throughout the day to be a great supplement.

Most importantly, I am thrilled that my dedicated staff were obliging and efficient throughout your stay. Everyone in my team strive to provide genuine and personalized service to each guest, to create a memorable stay :)

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The staff are extremely obliging and helpful from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. Having a 3 night stay meant that we encountered many different staff members and each and every one of them made you feel special.

For example , we had booked a queen bed standard room. It was suggested that if we liked it could be changed to twin beds pushed together , the Norwegian way as it would mean a bigger bed. The queen bed is actually a double bed size. We were grateful for the suggestion and it made our stay better.

The breakfast is amazing with so much choice . Food is constantly being replaced and is always fresh, including the bread . They had run out of my favourite type but immediately made some more and within a short time a warm loaf was produced. Also if you want to make a lunch box a bag is provided and lunch paper wrap . There is a small charge but it is extremely good value and you get to choose what you have.

As for location it is right in the old district and a few minutes from the Ferry that runs between Bergen and Flam. A taxi to and from the railway /bus station is around 165knr.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Thon-Rosenkrantz, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Rosenkrantz, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear guest,

It thrills me to learn that my dedicated team members helped you change your room to a more suitable one, among other things during your stay. Everyone in my team strive to provide genuine, personalized service to each guest, and I am pleased they helped make your stay better :)

I am also grateful to read that you found our breakfast amazing, with home made food and a great selection at all times.