“Overnight stay at Scandic Byparken”
Review of Scandic Byparken

Scandic Byparken
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Bergen
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Final leg of our Norway trip brought us to Bergen and an overnight stay in the Scandic Byparken. It is a budget style hotel but the rooms are very clean and comfortable . Situated just through the park the hotel is about. 10 minute walk from the station. The jewel in the crown for this hotel are the breakfasts. Buffet style but what a fantastic selection of hot and cold foods .So many different choices of meat and fish but also eggs and bacon . No need to eat again for the rest of the day !!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Dear Ray B,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review after your stay.
We are very happy to hear you had a good stay with us, and that you liked our location and breakfast. We strive to serve a large breakfast so that everybody can fill their stomachs and start the day in the best way possible :)

Hope we can welcome you back next time you are in Bergen.
ANette Johansen,

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Yes, our economy room was on the small side, but super clean and comfortable. It's Bergen, there's a whole lot more to be doing and seeing than staying in your hotel room. The hotel is in a safe area, very clean, quiet and comfortable. The excellent breakfast was the best we've had anywhere! Omelette chef, select juices, all sorts of delicious food. It was like an expensive champagne brunch in the U.S., without the champagne. Definitely a nice surprise. Apparently came best in its class, and I hear even being improved now for country competition. It'll win hands-down!

Room Tip: Our room was on the interior of the hotel, had no view, but that is what made it quieter I think.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 September 2017

Dear K B,

Thank you for your feedback after your stay.

We are glad to see you had a good stay with us. And happy to hear you liked the breakfast. We strive to serve a large and good breakfast so that everybody can find something they like. Thank you for believing in us in the competition. We are all excited to hear who wins.

And a small tip for next stay, we have several room types in different sizes. If you want a larger room, I recommend a superior extra-room as they are larger and have their own sitting group.

Hope we can welcome you back, next time you are in Bergen.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I booked three nights at this hotel and My room happened to be very noisy and the toilet is terrible. Once I arrived at 21:30 I contacted the reception by phone to change to another room. I reminded them once again when I came to the reception to get the earplugs. That person said yes "please pack your luggage and we would move the next morning".
I did prepare everything the next morning, however when I came back in the evening she said they forgot to do that. They said I should have contacted them in the morning to remind them.How many time did I already do that??? I guess they didnt put any request from guest into their tasks. They must have a poor definition about dignity

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 August 2017

Dear Chinh N,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review after your stay.
I am very sorry you weren't moved after the first night! Usually we ask the guest to let us know when they leave the room the next day, so we can move your luggage for you, but we should have moved you even though you didn't let us know. I will look into our routines with the receptionists, so we can prevent this from happening again.

I hope you will try us again, so that we have the opportunity to improve the impression you have of us now. And please contact me directly next time, so I can find a quiet upgraded room for you at no extra charge.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The friendly service, the breakfast and the rooms were good. The central location, close to the lake, the tramway and the city center is a good asset. The room was small (for 1 person) but well laid out, quiet (that is a precious criteria for me). The breakfast was substantial. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 29 August 2017

Dear Madeleod,

Thank you for taking your time to give us a review after your stay with us. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay, and that the breakfast and location was good.

Hope we can welcome you back next time your travels take you to Bergen!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This was my first experience with a Scandic Hotel, and unfortunately not my last, as I had booked two others on my Scandinavian trip. I would never stay in another one. Room was so small that you could not lay your suitcase on the floor to unpack. We were asked upon check in if we wanted to pay more and upgrade to a larger room. We were only going to be there for about 9 hours so we said no. Not sure how much bigger the upgraded rooms were but ours was tiny. Room was clean. Breakfast was good but not the best we had on the trip. Good location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 August 2017

Dear CalgaryGirl26,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review after your stay.
I am sorry to hear the room was too small for you! We have several room types; from economy (quite small) to Superior rooms and Suites. I recommend that you try one of our Superior Extra rooms next time, then you will have a spacious room.

But we are glad to hear the rest of your stay was good.
Hope you will try us again, next time you are in Bergen, so we have the opportunity to improve the impression you have of us now. Please contact me directly after booking the next stay, so we can be sure to give you a good room (depending on availability).