USD 151
USD 217
USD 204
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Terminus(Bergen)(Great Value!)
USD 207
Marken Gjestehus(Bergen)(Great Value!)
USD 94
USD 89
1,066 results
All reviewsgreat breakfasttrain stationhotel breakfastsmoked salmonwithin walking distancefresh fruitcentral locationfamily roomfour nightsfish marketfree tea and coffeeshort stayfew minutes walktop floornutshell tourmodern hotelsmoothies
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I travel the world and this hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in. The location is great and the breakfast is great...but the room...way too small. Approximately 9 by 12 feet (3 x 4 meters). See picture. Nowhere to put luggage or walk around. I get it that Scandic is for profit and makes maximum money out of every square meter but really?? Room is about the size of a prison cell on TV. Looking at other reviews, I can see that many others have this same issue and the management comes back with..."we have several classes of rooms" response...so be honest on your website and say we have small rooms for less money. I am willing to spend more money for a real room. Don't sell this closet as a real room. Wrote 2 postcards and tried to send them through the front desk...they would not mail them and could not even tell us where to mail them.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 August 2017

Dear FiveDivers,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review after your stay.
I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not good!
Regarding the small room, we have everything from economy rooms, which are smaller, to spacious superior extra rooms and suites. On our web page you will see the size of them all explained to the square meters. We will look into how we can make that more clear on our web pages, so that our guests will book room that they will be happy with.

Regarding the post cards, I am sorry! I will take this back to the front desk, so we can learn from this. We can send your post cards as long as they are stamped. If not, we will explain to you how and where you can buy stamps.

I hope you will try us again next time you are in Bergen, so we have the opportunity to improve the impression you have of us. Please contact me directly after booking next time, so we can be sure to give you a good room.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

For a simple hotel this more than does its job. The room was very clean, simply appointed with bar fridge, kettle, TV, hairdryer etc. The road noise is discernible during the day but not much at night. The Breakfast buffet is outstanding, certainly one of the best we have experienced of this kind. The hotel is walking distance to the wharf and the shopping district and has easy access to transit. The desk staff were helpful and able to fully service our needs in English. Parking is a couple of blocks away which is the only downside, but not a major issue (the hotel offers 30% discount on this garage). Overall an excellent experience. We paid 2099 kr/night, which is certainly not cheap, but goes with the territory in Norway. Arguably the breakasts were worth 200kr x3 people, so the room itself might be comparatively priced at 1500kr - which is reasonable by Canadian standards.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 15 August 2017

Dear Qtribe,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review after your stay with us. We are very glad to see you had a good stay with us, and that the breakfast was outstanding! We really appriciate it!

I hope we can welcome you back nex time you are in Bergen!
Anette Johansen

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Small rooms, reasonably priced. Good location a few minutes from central square and the fish market.

The breakfast buffé is extraordinary and would not be a shame in a much higher price range. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Martin K,

Thank you for your feedback and rating. We are very glad to see you had a good stay with us, and that the breakfast was enjoyed.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I took my 87 yr. old father and 3 other family members to Norway. This hotel has a great central location walking distance to any Bergen attraction. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. The rooms super clean. It is literally one block from the KODA museums full of art--beautiful parks. The Fish Market is maybe 4 blocks away. The train station to catch a train to Oslo is maybe 6 or 7 blocks. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello lzetzman,

Thank you for your good feedback and rating. We are very glad to see you had a good stay with us, and that our staff was helpful and pleasant.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We were a group of 28 persons and we stayed in this hotel for two days. All the rooms we stayed were too small, no space to move freely,no sufficient light in the room,the bathtub in my room wasn't working, the reception staff wasn't polite to me. The only thing which was good is the location of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Tpanayiotou,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a feedback after your stay.
First I would like to say I am sorry that you were not happy after your stay! I will talk to the front desk staff and find out what happened here. This is not how we want to be perceived at all. We will also go over the room you stayed in so we can fix the bathtub.

Regarding the room, we have several room types; from economy (quite small) to Superior rooms and Suites, some facing the street and some towards the backyard. I recommend that you try one of our Superior Extra rooms next time, then you will have a spacious room, which is quietly located.

Hope we can welcome you again, so we have the opportunity to fix the impression you have now. Please contact me directly so I can offer you a free upgrade to a superior room (if available).