All reviews newly renovated hotel hotel experience first floor lobby bar our room was spacious bergen city breakfast buffet few minutes walk salmon great breakfast yogurt fish market shampoo hammocks reception iron renovation
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

This is like a brand new place with very modern design! It is spotless! Staff are friendly and room is quite practical! Stairways were perfect! Bright and neat! The room is quiet! The restaurant is a bit hard to approach, because people are really not by the entrance.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelNorgeByScandic, Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Zhozho,
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review Hotel Norge by Scandic! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!
Maren and the Hotel Norge team

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We live in Bergen and stayed here during a family visit. After the reconstruction Hotel Norge is perhaps the nicest hotel I’ve ever been to anywhere in the world. It’s super fresh and modern, and very smothly and professionaly run . We had a room with balcony, and I would recommend anyone to consider opting for the balcony. Our’s was on the 9th floor just near the corner towards the Blue Rock and offered great views of Bergen city. The room was a little crammed, but with a larger bathroom, and with very modern style and a comfortable bed.

The breakfast buffet was, hands down, the best I’ve ever been to. This hotel is perhaps the most exclusive in Bergen, but for many I think the buffet alone could justify the higher price.

Super recommendable!

Date of stay: October 2018
HotelNorgeByScandic, Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Weeg,

Thank you for your amazing review! Delivering world-class guest experiences is why we come to work in the morning and it makes us extremely proud to hear that we deliver what we have promised!
We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Mia & the Hotel Norge team

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I've stayed in 5-star hotels for the past 2 years. Every new destination is an opportunity to discover an unforgettable hotel experience. As a savvy traveller, I have to admit a few stays occupy a very special place on my travel diary and Hotel Norge is one of them.

I'm proud to be one of the first guests to stay at Hotel Norge hence their officially opening happened 4 weeks later. Upon my arrival, an escalator leads me to the lobby area. Contemporary interiors inspired by nature and Scandinavian design are highlighted by a floor to ceiling illuminated moon which is something I've never seen in a hotel before, so thumbs up to that.

Rooms are low-key yet elegant and functional with a view to Bergen's Festplassen square. You can spend quality time relaxing in a hammock looking at Bergen's picturesque architecture from floor to ceiling window.

Located at the hotel grounds the Cafe Norge hosts a stylish cocktail bar and is the ultimate meeting place in Bergen's city centre. A Dj plays a live set during the weekends and I highly recommend you to check out their superb cocktails and mini hamburgers!

If you think you had fun at the bar, you'll probably be impressed by Nova restaurant. The Scandinavian/European menu has a farm to table approach sourcing high-end organic ingredients from the Norwegian countryside. I had the best oysters paired with champagne and a 3-course meal impeccably executed by award-winning chef Orjan Johannessen.

All of this in an extremely friendly and attentive environment to make your stay in Bergen the coolest of all times!

Room tip: Rooms with a view to the city
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Marie W
HotelNorgeByScandic, Manager at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Marie,
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to review Hotel Norge by Scandic! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!
Maren and the Hotel Norge team

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is brand new. The rooms are beautiful and modern. Everything is new. The breakfast is one of the best I have ever had in a hotel anywhere in the world.
The staff is friendly, helpful and effective.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Remi,

Thank you for your wonderful review!
We hope to welcome you again in near future!

Mia & The Hotel Norge team

Reviewed 24 September 2018

The hotel has recently been totally renovated. It is modern, elegant and efficient with a friendly staff in reception and restaurant. My room, a standard one, was very clean and comfortable. Maybe a bit on the small side if you want to work but otherwise more than adequate. Great, spacious bathroom. Fast wifi. Breakfast was excellent and better than most hotels in Norway. The price is on the high side, even for Bergen, but for me it was well worth the money.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelNorgeByScandic, Leder  at Hotel Norge by Scandic, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Brutus,

Thank you for your great review! We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Norge in the future!

Best regards, Mia & The Hotel Norge team