“best sushi in Trondheim”
Review of Sushi Bar Solsiden

Sushi Bar Solsiden
Ranked #76 of 280 Restaurants in Trondheim
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Located at base of Scandic Solsiden hotel, this place is very convenient to order takeout. I dont recommend dinner in as the door opens into the main space and it is very drafty if you are sitting inside everywhere. Staff are fast and friendly and the food is on par with Vancouver Sushi (almost). reasonably priced and great quality fish.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I arrived here on a sushi buffet night and it was so cheap that I decided to give it a go. The selection was not huge, but bigger than it would have been if I ordered from the menu.

The quality of the food was not fantastic, but also not bad so taking the price into consideration I will have to say that it was good value for money. If I was ever in the area on buffet night again and I was hungry I would probably do it again.

Staff was pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

We were seated right next to the buffet, which made our table a bit right in the middle of the traffic and the line for food, even if it was plenty of space in other, more cozy corners of the restaurant. I understand that you want to put people by the window to attract more guests and it could even be an attempt of being nice putting us so close to the buffet. However, me and my friend would had preferred not to have people standing next to us all the time. On arrival it seemed also like we were a little bit in the way of the waiters work since they preferred discussing an upcoming take away instead of giving us menus and offer us drinks right away. The waitors was not very attentive, maybe due to all the take away orders, but my friend finished his drink without being offered another one even if he was not finished eating and no one came to ask us if we needed anything during the meal. He ended up sticking to the water, which was placed on the table without request, which is a nice service though. :) Food is good, nigiri is nicely bite-sized with a lot of fish and maki was tasty and varied. Rice is well washed and well balanced in both vinegar, salt and sugar. A great plus is the option of having sauce on, instead of going all Sabrura on it and put mayo and teriyaki on EVERYTHING. Thank you for letting us choose sauces for ourselves and God bless mango sauce with springrolls!

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Ordered by phone and got delivered dry, tasteless sushi which had been served on the Sunday buffet. Not recommended.

1  Thank Kvalitetsreise
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Very fresh fish and classic sushi and sashimi pieces very well "composed". Great tempura roll! Excellent ambient with a wonderful and cousy space. Lovely service. It's a great place for sushi lovers.It was my first restaurant in Trondheim.