USD 194
USD 166
USD 156
ScandicHotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 191/night.

Lillesand Hotel Norge(Lillesand)(Great Value!)
USD 245
Dyreparken Hotell(Kristiansand)
USD 294
All reviewshotel is newly renovatednice locationcomfy bedevening mealgreat value for moneygreat hotelpancakessalmonthe hotel staffcinemafloorbreakfasttowntvreception
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Very nice hotel, good value for money, and superb breakfast.
Stayed for at family event, and the hotel worked great for both young and old. The location is very central, which gives a great view over the city from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
TH A, Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Vedfolner

Thank you very much for your staying with us during your time here in Arendal.
I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed you stay here with us.
Thank you for taking your time to give us your this positive review at Tripadvisor, this is very much appreciated.

I wish you a very pleasant day, and I hope we will see you again the next time you are in Arendal.

with kind regards

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Stayed here on business, so needed a functional room with facilities to work if needed. I was in a very nice room, which seemed to have been recently refurbished. Bright colours, but very tasteful. Plenty of room, and a nice sized desk to work at. I have stayed at the Tyholmen on previous visits, but I think I liked this better. It's a bit smaller and friendlier. My office is just the other side of the marina area, so it was very convenient to walk to work each day. The food was very nice, and the included evening meal choice was also very well presented and tasty.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Lisa P

Thank you very much for staying with us here at Thon Hotel Arendal.
I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and was satisfied with our newly renovated hotel.
It is very much appreciated that you you took the time to give us this positive review here on Tripadvisor.
Thank you very much.

I hope to see you the next time you visit Arendal.

I wish you a very pleasant day.

With best regards

Reviewed 12 September 2017

After the facelift the Thon hotel becomes a real challenge for Tyholmen around the corner. It is young, it is fresh, it has the best breakfast I ever had. Freshly pressed orange juice, as much as you want, smothie shots, English breakfast, egg muffins, pancakes, salmon, goat cheese, home made jams, fresh bread from high quality suppliers - I could go on for a while. My breakfast ended up in a three course menu each morning: something savory, then sweet and finally fruit or coffee with a second dessert. Amazing. Truly.
But the rooms are not as soundproof as the incumbent next door: when someone moves chairs or slams doors, you're up. Sleep is important when traveling and this is why I need to deduct one star from my otherwise 4 star rating for something really good. (Only absolutely perfect will get 5 stars.)

Room Tip: Above, abway from street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TH A, Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear guest.

First of all thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Thon Hotel Arendal during your time here in Arendal.
En extra thank you for taking your time to write this review to us.
We wish to improve our product and the way we are working where this is needed, and therefor we listen to our guests and use these feedback in our daily dialogue.
We will definitely work on a solution to avoid the noise from the chairs so that the neighbor guests will not disturbed by this.

I am very pleased to know that you very satisfied with the new design of the hotel and the breakfast.

I hope we will see you again here, the next time you are in Arendal.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This hotel was a great surprise. Very good location in Arendal, with great personnel. This hotel has the same cool design as all the other Thon Hotels has.
Our room, a business room, was very nice. Clean and straight forward. Bathroom was clean too, as it should be. There are free Wi-Fi at the hotel. And it has a in room bar. Breakfast is included and found on the top floor with a terrace.
Parking for car is located over the street, in a parking cellar.
This hotel had a funny smell in the reception, it smelled popcorn! Not strange after all, since the local cinema for Arendal is located next door, and with an open door into the cinema, it had to smell popcorn in the reception. This is of course not a problem at all.
Can also mention that there are a direct opening into the Restaurant Egon on the ground floor.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
TH A, Owner at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Optican

Thank you very much for your visit here with us at Thon Hotel Arendal.
I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the new design of the newly renovated hotel, the cleanliness of the room, the service and the location.
Thank you very much for taking your time to tell us this here at Tripadvisor.

I hope you will see you here the next time you are in Arendal.

I wish you a very pleasant day.

with kind regards

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I was in Arendal on Business and booked this hotel as another recommended hotel was fully booked. My expectations were not high but I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful on check in and I was informed that there was a complimentary evening meal each day.

The room was exceptionally clean and well appointed with a large screen TV.

The hotels did not advertise a gym so, again I was pleasantly surprised that there was one and I made full use of it.

The evening meal consisted of one hot dish and cold meats/cheese/bread with plenty of fruit. Each evening the hot food was tasty and plentiful, so no complaints.

Restaurant staff were polite and left me alone, but were available when needed.

Overall, an enjoyable stay and I wouldn't hesitate to rebook should I come back to Arendal.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
TH A, Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Babbieboy27

Thank you very much for giving us this positive review after your recent stay with here at Thon Hotel Arendal.

I am very happy to now that you were positively surprised by our newly renovated hotel, and had a pleasant stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us this here at Tripadvisor, for this we are very gratefull.

We look forward seeing you here the next you are in Arendal.

I wish you a very pleasant day,

With Kind regards