3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 81
PricelineUSD 81
Hotels.comUSD 81
FindHotelUSD 81
TravelocityUSD 81
Orbitz.comUSD 81
2,193 results
All reviews city box central station self service common areas expensive city place to sleep comfortable bed cheap hotel late at night city break single room microwave key train shampoo walkable opera
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2021

I spent a night in Oslo and needed a cheap place to stay. I found Citybox on google maps and the location is perfect, just next to the train station. I booked a single room at a very nice price, and the check-in was quick and simple on a self-check-in machine. I got a very nice and simple room on the 6th floor, with a comfortable bed and a small bathroom with a shower. The temperature was good and the noice level was low, so I slept very well. The 24 hour access made it very easy to come and go, and they also have a free storage room for excess luggage. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who are visiting Oslo.

Date of stay: June 2021
Tina Christel Selseth, General Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Hi Lovbakk!

Wow! Thanks for an amazing review of our hotel!

Flattered to read your kind words. Always fun to receive feedback from guests that seems to understand our concept. We do our best to offer a simple and modern solution at what we consider to be a fair rate, and we are glad to see that you felt we offered just that! :)

Thanks again for a fantastic recommendation, and we do hope to see you again!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

I will tell a story that happened a while ago at this hotel, in July/2019, but marked me as the worst experience at a hotel ever...I booked this hotel for 3 nights to make a tour around the city. During one of these nights, I was sleeping, when I woke up with a huge noise, at 00:50. After taking some time to realize what was happening, I noticed that the biggest mirror from the toilet had felt and broke into multiple pieces. Fortunately, I wasn’t inside the toilet when this happened, neither the toilet door was completely open, as I believe it could have injured me either.
Later, I made a formal message to the hotel showing what happened and explaining my concern with safety as the mirror looked to be poorly fixed to the wall. The hotel wanted to reimburse me for the first night, which I denied.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Marygoulart
Tina Christel Selseth, General Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Hi Marygoulart!

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel!

We're really sad to hear that you did not like our hotel, and that the handeling of the situation caused you ta have a long lasting negative impression of the hotel.

I remeber this event, and the mirror did fell down, wich must have been terrifying.
We are very glad you were not injured.

We did take your concerns seriously and looked into if any of the other mirrors had any flaws, which they did not.
It has never happend before or after that one time.

It might have been a poorly done job on that one room, or just an accident which was not supposed to happen, but it did,
and we are really sorry about that.

We offered to reimburse you, because it seemed like a better solution than to involve you in the follow-up of this case.

Anyway, we hope that you at least enjoyed your visit to our lovely city!

Reviewed 28 February 2021

Hotel with sentral location. At arrival, this first impression is that this is an unmanned hotel. You first enter one locked room, filled with vending machines for check-in and check-out. However there is a bell to ask for help with check-in. The service form the hotel staff is good if you sek them up and ask for assistanse.

When you are inside the hotel, a modern and slightly cool interior reveals itself, with several different seating areas. The hotel rooms are divided into three different wings, with separate lifts. Not entirely easy to understand in the overall layout of the hotel (only advantageously had a floor plan easily visible).

The rooms (I used a single room) are small but efficient and well cleaned. If you close the windows, they also dampen noise from the outside well.

Overall the hotel feels a bit sterile and impersonal, partly due to the total lack of presence from the staff if you do not ring the bell yourself, or seek out the counter that is secluded near the entrance.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Eirik H
Tina Christel Selseth, General Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Hello Eirik H !

Thanks for your kind review of our hotel!

We love reading feedback from guests that seems to understand and appreciate our concept!
We do our best to offer a simple and modern solution at what we consider to be a fair rate! :)

We can understand that our concept is not for everyone, but ring the bell next time and get a more personal service!

Thanks again for your recommendation, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

Hei

I had a racist unnecessary encounter with one of your employees.

I rented a room at city box on Saturday and was going to have it until Sunday 12 am .
I went in and out of my room several times said hello to the security guards and got checked one of the times to see if I really had a room there when I used my key to get through the door.

The last time I tried to get to my room which was around 3:30am one of your employees had a terrible attitude and just told me I don’t stay here and that I don’t belong here .

I was confused and asked what do you mean I’m using my card to get in I obviously belong here.
He then goes to say that it’s another black girl that rented the room not me.
Me still being confused said no I rented the room I have a receipt/ email on my phone that I can show him.
He continued to deny me and refused to look at my proof that I rented the room.
Then he says to get out.
I then said that I had with a friend in my room and her bag was with me, if he thought she rented the room I can go get her so we can fix the situation, because it’s late at night I am a young girl that is not well known around the area and had no where eles to go because I wasn’t prepared for this situation
He goes on to say that I have 10mintues to get my stuff and I will not be getting a refund.

I just want to say this is the most disgusting unnecessary encounter with your employee.
I didn’t get to sleep in my room that I paid for. I had to sleep outside because of your employees racism.
I would kindly like a refund or I will be contacting someone higher up because this is not okay for anyone to go through, no matter the race. You guys need to educate your employees.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank shandiliahc
William Fosser, General Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2020

Hi!

It is unfortunate to hear that you experienced this situation this way.

Due to infection control we have strict routines that apply for all our guests.
One of the routines we follow is to check identification on all our guests, and when this was not presented in your case, and the fact that you tried bringing additional guests to your room, which is also not allowed due to infection control, you were asked to leave the hotel.

This was not a matter of race. We are running a hotel with a high majority of international travellers as our guests.
In any case, we are terribly sorry that you left the hotel feeling this way, and we have a dialog going with you about this situation on e-mail and will follow up with you there.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 December 2020

The hotel is quite allright for the price. It's not really expensive for an Oslo comparison and it's self check-in and out as all Citybox hotels are. The rooms were clean and the location is very central which is good for a visit to Oslo. The rooms however are not that new anymore compared to other Citybox Hotels, everything is quite basic. But you can't go wrong really with staying there!

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank ChrigiZH
Tina Christel Selseth, General Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Hi ChrigiZH!

Thanks for your kind review of our hotel!

Thanks again for your recommendation, and we do hope to see you again!

Best wishes,