Lowest prices for your stay
USD 164
Booking.comUSD 164
ScandicHotels.comUSD 164
Agoda.comUSD 164
1,682 results
All reviews train station great location central location opera house family room egon norway bunk
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2021

The room was not cleaned, the bed was not made like a hotell, the bathroom lets not even talk about it (well the toailet didnt flush with out getting stuck).The receptionist that checked us in had no intreset to inform us about anything really. It was beer on the floor in the reception from the evening before when we went to breakfast and so on.

Date of stay: September 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Mikael Pohjonen, General Manager at Scandic Byporten, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2021

Hi Anneli,

Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay with us, we need guests like you to be able to improve ourselves. Something that clearly is the case after reading about your experience. It is with nothing but pain I read that you had such a bad experience her. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility that the team follow our standards and routines all the way from the first impression at check-in to cleanliness, something that clearly hasn't been the case here and for that I am deeply sorry. I clearly have some work to do for our future guests. Luckily I also know that we can do so much better than this and hope to be able to show it to you in the future. Although I fully understand that your trust in us has weakened I sincerely hope that we can get a second chance to show ourselves from a better side when you return to Oslo. If so, contact me via mikael.pohjonen@scandichotels.com and I will do my outmost that your next stay is far better than this one.

Crossing my fingers that I will be hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 September 2021 via mobile

I don’t expect luxury from this type of hotel, but basic competence isn’t too much to ask. We had a terrible experience overall. Reserved a family room but got sent to three different rooms before we finally got the right type. That’s 30 minutes of my life I’ll never see again.

When we finally got into the correct quarters, it was even more frustrating. With the child bunk folded down, the three of us couldn’t even all stand up simultaneously. One adult had to crawl into bed from the foot because it was shoved so far toward the wall it wouldn’t allow side access. The shower was so tiny I couldn’t even bend over to pick up a dropped item without hitting my head.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we need guests like you to be able to improve ourselves. You are absolutely right, basic things should be in place. I am unsure how it go so wrong but ultimately it is my fault that the team hasn't got the proper training and for that I would like to forward my sincere apologies. I will make sure that we learn from this terrible episode.

With regards to the room size I agree, our standard family rooms are indeed space efficient. Something we do our best to inform about in the booking process with both text, square meter size and pictures. I apologize if this information didn't reach you.

I fully understand that your trust in us has weakened. However, I do know that we can perform so much better and I hope we get the chance to show that you in the future. If you decide to give us a second chance, contact me via mikael.pohjonen@scandichotels.com and I will make sure that we, as a courtesy, upgrade you to the biggest room available.

Hoping to hear from you!

Reviewed 25 August 2021

Top location in city center. Noise and party from across the street made it impossible to sleep for us and children! Front desk did not care when I called at 2:30 am and told me this would be normal in a city, I should not complain. Breakfast situation was disappointing.. although food selection was good, one had to get out of the way for the waiters, the rooms where overfilled with absolutely no chance to avoid contact with others. And although it was asked for to use a mask specially when going to the buffet, nobody did. Needless to say that all waiters did not use a mask! Worst hotel experience in over 35 years of travel!

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Mikael Pohjonen, General Manager at Scandic Byporten, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Dear Rudiger,

As per our email conversation, it is with nothing but pain I am reading that you had such a horrific experience with us. I have spoken to my colleague that deeply apologized that her response came out in that manner. With regards to the noise making neighboring restaurant, I have also made clear that the party the threw in the midst of a pandemic is unacceptable.

With regards to the breakfast it is also with nothing but sadness that you experienced it like that. Although we have a system in place with slot times we cannot unfortunately control how long our guests wants to enjoy their breakfast or if someone that didn't want to have an early breakfast decided to say that they lost their ticket. The mask is a recommendation from our side, unfortunately we cannot force people to use it when it is not regulated by the authorities.

Having said all this, I fully understand that your trust in us has weakened. Luckily I know that we can do so much better and we would be so happy to show it to you in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

Nice, central location. In the immediate vicinity of the main train station. With a short distance to Karl Johans gate, the main street in Oslo. Nice and attentive staff, and nice rooms. My first choice when traveling to Oslo.

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Mikael Pohjonen, General Manager at Scandic Byporten, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Hi!

Thank you so much for choosing us as well as sharing your experience! It makes me so happy to see that my colleagues did such a great impression!

We are already awaiting your next stay here :)

Reviewed 29 July 2021