“Falafel burger! ”

A TripAdvisor Member
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Authentic homemade food!

The lentil soup is the best you’ll ever have.

Love the falafel burger!

Delicious food.

Excellent customer service.

Food made with love.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Wow--this place is a true gem in Oslo! I don't know what to mention first--the delicious food, extremely cheap prices, or Abdullah's incredible warm spirit, generosity, and hospitality.

The food: when you walk in, Abdullah will give you a taste of the lentil soup (and basically most things, if you want). Take it. It's warm, and spiced perfectly. We ordered the mujaddara (lentils, rice, and onions) dish and the falafel platter (with hummus, baba ghanoush, olives, pita, and falafel) and both were outstanding as well. It's a one-man show--every dish is made individually by Abdullah when you order it, and the ingredients all taste fresh and authentic.

The prices: I can't believe how reasonably priced the dishes are (60kr for soup? 35kr for juice? 90kr for mujaddara, or around 120 for the falafel platter)--I heard somewhere that Abdullah runs this place out of love, and not an interest in becoming rich. You can get a full meal for two people for less than 250kr, which is crazy cheap for Oslo prices.

The atmosphere: Abdullah treats his customers like family, and isn't shy to admit it! Whatever you need, he's happy to accommodate. He has a loyal following of repeat customers, and I'll definitely become one too. His kindness is a refreshing change from the usual cold distance you find in Norwegian hospitality. It's evident that he loves what he does.

Great vegetarian choices and great gluten-free choices. There are a few seats at the bar along the wall--space for 4-5 people, but not much more. But the small size is part of its charm! Also, he has an extensive tea selection!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I was hungry and was looking for a place where to eat. I got the recommendation through a TripAdvisor pal. To my surprise, I ended up having the best lensis soup I have ever had outside home, a very good burger and a warm welcome and attention from the owner. Try it! Enjoy Oslo

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Definitely worth a visit! The food was great, the hummus was soo creamy! Best of all was the personal service from the owner! Thank you for your hospitality.

1  Thank Lucy R
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We made the effort to find Habits as I was after some Vegetarian food and it was well worth the walk. We were warmly greeted by the proprietor who talked us through the menu and gave us free samples of his excellent lentil soup while he prepared our meals. Other customers came in and conversations started that were very interesting, all about travel and adventure, we ended up joining in. Meals were tasty and plentiful and the turmeric milk is to die for! I can't tell you how much I've craved it since!

2  Thank MissBugg