“Nice place to hang out”
Review of Cafe Sjakk Matt

Cafe Sjakk Matt
Ranked #1,190 of 1,672 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Cafe Sjakk Matt has been my hang out cafe since the 1980's. It has nice atmosphere and welcoming staff. Most times I go here for lunch or for a drink.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I have given this place several chances, and every time I tell myself: NEVER again!
I ordered a chicken club sandwich without bacon, I understood that the waiter was new and did not understand Norwegian so I placed my order in two languages. When the meal came it was with Bacon!
Oh the guy is new the new other waiter said. I waited for 30 minutes for a new sandwich.

The bread was of cheap kind you get at any superstore, egg was rubbery and chicken dry!

Most disgusting food i have ever had.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Me and my colleague came here around 11 AM for lunch on a thursday. One guy standing in the bar, but didn't look up even I walked past him. We wanted to wait to order until our last colleague came to the place. The waiter stressed that he had a big lunch order and wanted us to order quickly, but we were the only ones in the restaurant!
After we ordered the food was delivered to the table with no introduction, and just placed the food there and left in a hurry. Simply pasta, with chicken and a butter package.
Our experience left us that the people that work here doesn't care. They just work there and do what is minimum expected them to do.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

This place has been surviving for many years in spite of rather poor food and service. But the location is very good in the dead center of Oslo near to cinemas, theatres, concert halls , train station etc etc. It is quite ok to meet for a beer or a glass of wine before going out to the next place. But do not expect any special good food here.

1  Thank Peter19502013
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Went with two other family members before the weekend. We had ravioli that had no taste at all. Served with bread. One had a burger that tasted ok. We'll not be back next time in town.