“They did not let us in ”

Restaurant La Grappa
Ranked #1,591 of 4,417 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: USD 13 - USD 45
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Hietzing
Neighbourhood: Hietzing
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

because we had our 10 month old baby girl with us. Restaurant was almost empty but the waiter said "there's no place, sorry". And he was smiling. It's a shame.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I just love this restaurant! It is maybe not in the main street, but it should have been. We have been here two times allready in only 1,5 day here in Wien. The Italian food is very good and tasty, even better than what we tasted when we were in Italy this summer. The pasta carbonara is top og the line and so is the pizza! This restaurant is definitely worth a visit and in the Schönbrunn area this is the restaurant that should have all tables set, unfortunently they don't because it's in one of the "small" streets where no one looks for a restaurant. Try it - You will not be disappointed!

4  Thank Mina G
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiancé was there to times on our holiday. We had lunch the first day and the pizza had perfect italian standard.
The second time we both had spagetti carbonara and it where one of the best we had tasted. The wine and prosecco is really good and the place have friendly staff. They get my best recommendation.

3  Thank Rosenberg93
Reviewed 1 October 2016

The restaurant is situated a little bit up the street away from the traffic and has outdoor and indoor seating. Good food and beer are served.

2  Thank Malay P
Reviewed 6 July 2016

I don't often say things like this, but the grilled calamari with potatoes was one of the best dishes of its kind that I have ever tasted. The octopus salad was quite yummy and fresh too. The pizza came out burned the first time, and the waiter tried to put a good face on it by saying it was "a little crispy." When I objected that it was a little TOO crispy, he offered to make another one, and that was delicious. The burned one never should have left the kitchen, and that's why I'm giving the restaurant four circles instead of five. But otherwise I don't understand the negative reviews. The service is ordinary, but the food is excellent.

Be careful--there's more than one restaurant in Vienna called La Grappa. This one is in Hietzing.

2  Thank DrGoldin