1,225 results
All reviewsopera houseexcellent locationkarlsplatz stationchain of hotelsvienna operacomfortable bedmini barstate operacloset spacerooms are smallsingle roomwalking distancehotel baron foothop on hop off busthe hotel is cleancouple of nights
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

A really nice hotel with outstanding service.
The room was clean and every time the door was opened the TV started to play a video of a fireplace.
The breakfast was really tasty (good coffee and even chocolate milk) and the staff was extremely polite. In between they offered fresh croissants and juice at the table.

I would really recommend this hotel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Valerie J
Sebastian H, Leiter Front Office at Motel One Wien-Staatsoper, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Valerie J
thank you so much for your awesome feedback. We are very happy to read that you liked your hotel and our staff. Looking forward to welcome you soon again.
Kind regards from Vienna

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I have been in a few motel ones. This one is very nice. Great location, 2 min from the opera house and historic center, great lobby, large and comfortable room. With 109 euro exclusive breakfast a good price. Of course it is motel one so comfort can be expected but no luxury. Not much deco in the room but big screen TV, the best could be a little more comfortable, no heat in the bathroom for instance. But all in all very satisfactory

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Sebastian H, Leiter Front Office at Motel One Wien-Staatsoper, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear ph,

Thank you for this amazing Feedback. We wish to see you returning very soon for a second time, and with the premise that we will compeltely satisfy your needs.

Kind regards,

S.Hausdorf

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Close to Vienna‘s national opera house is one of
3 (soon there will be 4 in town) MotelOne in the
Austrian capital.
For lovers of opera the perect hotel which helps
you saving money that you can spend in lovely
viennese coffee houses or restaurants.
We also had the feeling that the rooms are
equipped with the most comfortable mattresses!
Easy to reach due to its proximity to Karlsplatz
metro station hub.
Those who would like to go for breakfast in a
Viennese Kaffeehaus, Cafe Museum is located
the same block as the MotelOne Oper

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Stingray S
thank you so much for your nice feedback. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to welcome you soon again.
Kind regards from Vienna

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The rooms are cozy and clean, the staff is super nice and smiling, the breakfast is good, the atmosphere of the hotel is attractive, and the location is ideal. On the negative side, I'd only mention that the mattress was a little too soft for us and could've been a little wider, and I was missing some fairly common items from the otherwise great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sebastian H, Leiter Front Office at Motel One Wien-Staatsoper, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Barnabas,

What a delight to read such an honest well formulated and Kind Feedback. We sincerely appreciate it. If it was larger matresses that you were longing for, please not that we also offer king size beds, for those guests who have the desire for more space while sleeping.

Kind regards,

S.Hausdorf

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I decided to stay here due to it’s good location which is also close to my office and the many good reviews Unfortunately I was very disappointed, while check in was nice and the staff friendly that is about where the good part ended. The room was of a good size but was not comfortable, the windows were high up and the room felt dark. The bathroom is very basic with poor fatalities and the rooms have no mini bar and not even a fridge if you want to keep something cool. In addition here is no iron available and you have to go down to an ironing room on the mezzanine floor if you want to iron your clothes, it felt very much like a hostel. The TV was big but had 1 English Channel out of about 50 and even the standard BBC and CNN did not work, perhaps the hotel has mainly German speaking guests?

The worst thing about this place however is the bed, it is the most uncomfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on, it is so soft you sink down into it and it does not provide a good nights sleep. In the morning I woke up with a sore back and neck and am glad I only have 1 more night here. I understand this is classed as a budget hotel but it still costs over 100 euros a night, I have stayed in plenty of low cost hotels that are of a much higher quality

If you have low expectations and want a good location this place will no doubt meet your needs however if you want a good nights sleep I would look elsewhere

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Sebastian H, Leiter Front Office at Motel One Wien-Staatsoper, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Motel One Guest, thank you very much for choosing Motel One and publishing your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.
I am glad that you liked the location and our staff. The concept of Motel One concentrates mainly on the factors price, location and quality. The desgin of the bar, the lobby and the rooms is of high quality. I am sorry to hear that our boxspringbed did not meet your expectations. To keep our prices on a constantly low level for our guests we have to relinquish some extras, as additional sanitary products or a minbar in the rooms. Our bar area is open 24 hours and our guests can get hot or cold drinks there at any time. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Best regards from Vienna.