1,312 results
All reviews opera house excellent location karlsplatz station vienna opera comfortable bed mini bar rooms are small walking distance state opera recommend this hotel single room hotel bar on foot the hotel is clean short stay the breakfast area business trip
Reviewed 30 March 2015

I came to Vienna to visit the Spanish Riding School and the Staatsoper and was not surprised by the cost of some hotel rooms in this area until I found the newly opened 'Motel One Wien-Staatsoper' - a real gem in a wonderful city.10 minutes walk from the riding school and 2 minutes from the opera house plus numerous, excellent eateries and underground connections to all parts. A perfect location and, for me, affordable ! Check in was seamless and I was fortunate to be upgraded to a larger, comfortable room on arrival. My thanks to that young lady at reception. The behind-the-scenes staff must also be complemented for the spotless room and linen changes over 5 days.
I didn't take breakfast so I cannot comment because I slept so well (soundproofing and double glazing excellent). The bar was good also and that's where the complimentary WiFi worked best.
When I return to Vienna I know where I shall stay!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2015

1. Nice modern room; very good bar; friendly, helpful staff.
2. Room lacked complimentary items one finds in hotels of similar price or less.
3. Excellent Konditerei Aida 100m from hotel on Opernring selling Viennese cakes, apfel strudels....
Paid E423 for 3 nights (no breakfast) In March 2015.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I guess the very first thing that comes to mind is the location; in one word: perfect! The "hotel" itself is brand new and looks extremely good with a 4 stars-like atmosphere. The personnel is very professional and they get things done instantly. The rooms are cleverly designed in order to feel larger and they provide a big Tv. There is a garage (40 eur/24h) right across the street. The breakfast is quite good, especially for the price. On the downside, the rooms are extremely small, there is no minibar and the "courtyard" view can be a bit depressing. Overall a really great place and a very good value "hotel".

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank calin_yoz
Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed with Motel One...as a base for travelling around Vienna and also as I go from Prague and to Budapest.
You can't beat the location...it's close to Stephansplatz...5 mins walk....around the corner is the subway Karlsplatz where you can connect literally all over vienna.

The hotel is very clean...modern with classic twist. Check in was fast and efficient. We had breakfast the first 2 days stay and it was sufficient and adequate selection to start the day. Lobby bar has great drinks as well. Wifi is strong signal all over the place.

Staff were great,friendly and efficient. Definitely an asset of the hotel. Rooms were adequate and I like the bed....good for my back :-) the room amenities could use some upgrade to coffee or tea OR even water cups! Will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Earlsf211
Reviewed 22 March 2015

This hotel is pretty new and havs a nice lobby. I like how they make the TV scene like a fireplace. Location of the hotel quite central.

However, I hate the beds. My husband & I could not have a good night sleep. The bed is too soft & it's very bad for people with back problem.

The hotel seems to be not interested with the guests. 1st time I came to a 4 stars hotel with no phone in the room to call the reception.

The room is small but cozy.
The toilet is small bit functional well.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Olivyap