“First night in Vienna!”

Price range: USD 8 - USD 34
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old University Quarter
Description: Welcome to the ef16 Curious?! Explore Our Restaurant & Wine Bar ef16 in the heart of Vienna. Take a look at our daily, fresh & seasonal prepared dishes. Discover our award-winning garden. Experience original family hospitality, without compromise and take a culinary journey with us! In our kitchen we cook with attention to detail. Our chef Christoph Lamprecht puts special emphasis on regional and seasonal products, from farmers and suppliers from Vienna and the surrounding area. The results are creative, innovative dishes full of authenticity and native influences that put the individual flavor components in the foreground. Excellent taste without any ifs and buts.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

And all other restaurants have a tough act to follow. Located down a quaint side alley off the street, you’re immediately immersed into a warm and friendly atmosphere when entering the restaurant. Service was brilliant, food amazing and our waiter was happy to stop and explain some of the restaurant’s unusual offerings - such as the schnapps. It was my wife’s birthday, and even though I hadn’t mentioned it in advance, within minutes the guys came up with a special treat. Highly recommend! PS the Hopner Pinot Noir was a real treat too - I think the Austrians keep it to themselves and I can understand why!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,530)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Came here for my wife's birthday meal and instantly knew we had made the right choice. Despite the dark lighting it is an intimate atmosphere with a welcoming staff. The food was excellent, the lamb schnitzel was delicious. Both the cocktail aperitifs and the wine were fantastic - in fact the wine we had is now up there in my top 5 of all time, desperately searching for a way to get some bottles back here in the UK.

Finally the small firework and happy birthday balloon presented with our sharing desserts was a lovely touch.

Overall a fantastic evening.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is a very beautiful and cozy restaurant with a warm vibe. Servers are very friendly and explain the menu well. Good wine list and specialty drinks too. Modern decor and spotless. I started with the creamy garlic soup which was superb. My husband had the goat cheese creme brûlée which was also fantastic. My stuffed chicken main course was a bit dry and the walnut polenta was very strong truffle instead- which my husband loved for me! He had the rabbit which was moist and delicious. Our dessert of “thin pancakes” was more like French toast with berries and we loved it!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great staff, perfect food (traditional or modern) and atmosphere was very comfortable. Worth the price and trip. Didn't feel forced once.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went here having prebooked online. We were offered a choice of tables in the rather gloomy interior. It was amusing to see that the waiters had torches to allow you to read the menus.Two wine glasses were broken while we were there We had the cheese ravioli to start which was unusual but very tasty. Our main courses were the duck and the lamb special. Both were exceptional. The meat was tender and tasty and the fresh spring vegetables were lovely. We drank a light and fruity Riesling and thoroughly enjoyed the entire meal. No room for dessert but they looked delicious. Would have no hesitation in returning.