“What a View!”

Ranked #36 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Budapest
“What a View!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Our roadtrip continued to Vienna, and once again the priority for the accommodation was the location - couldn't have been better! The hotel is opposite of St Stephans Cathedral - so everything is nearby. The fancy rooms are upstairs of this modern building, so the views are great.. The decoration is quite something and noticed during this trip that the bathrooms made of glass walls are in fashion at the moment. Big plus - the showergel and bodylotion are by Etro. The wall with shelves full of booze is a bit "interesting".

You can't drive exactly in the front door of the hotel, but we're advised to phone some minutes before arriving and the bellboy came to pick up the lugguage and took the car to the parking place.

The service was good, breakfast was excellent and the views gorgeous. I've been to Vienna many times and stayed in the hotels - this one was absolutely the best!
Shoptravelfood Blogger

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shoptravelfood
MichaelSpangl, Director of Sales at DO & CO Hotel Vienna, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you for this fantastic review! I will of course share this with the entire team. We feel very happy that you've enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to see you soon with us again. Please feel free contacting me personally if you need any assistance.

With best regards from Vienna

DO & CO Hotel Vienna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed here for my birthday in October. I drove to Vienna from Germany and when I was 15 minutes away called the hotel like they had informed me to do and were awaiting on the street when I arrived. They valeted my car to the off site parking garage which is charged and not included in the room price. A bellhop came down and picked up my luggage. I then went in and checked in with the were friendly front desk staff. I was shown to my room where they showed were everything was and gave a brief overview of the room and hotel amenities. The room was immaculate and more than I could have imagined. The view looked out to the square that encompasses St Stephans Cathedral. There was the tv in the bathroom, heated floors in front of the vanity which is great walking onto right after using the shower with the rain forest shower head and all glass walls to even look out on the city if you're brave enough. I indulged in extremely well stocked mini bar with a vast selection and I wasn't disappointed. There also was a great selection of wines and liquors if in need. In the evening I booked a table at the hotel restaurant and enjoyed some sushi which was up to par with the rest of the establishment. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a first class experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Hawkeye1985
MichaelSpangl, Director of Sales at DO & CO Hotel Vienna, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Thank your for this amazing review. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we could fulfill all your expectations. Please feel free contacting me personally if you need any assistance in the future again.

With best regards from Vienna

Mies, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

My bf had a business meeting in Bratislava, before going there we decided to go to Vienna and explore the city. After a quick search, we decided to stay at Do&Co for 3 nights. When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was very helpful with a huge smile on her face.

Our room was on the 4th floor, once we got to our floor we noticed a weird, unpleasant smell... And it did not go better on any day afterwards. At last we asked what was wrong and they told us that something was wrong and they have been trying to fix it for a long time but still no luck. We appreciated their honesty, and hope they sole the problem as soon as possible.

The room was spacious, clean (a bit dusty but that's I think because we kept the windows open all the time, so nobody's to blame) and well decorated. The TV in the first room we stayed in (we stayed for two nights in a row, went to Bratislava and came back for a night before flying back) was broken, so was the little monitor in the bathroom. But other than that the room was ok.

The first morning we ordered breakfast to the room, because they forgot to put the shakers on the tray they apologized for a thousand times and sent two glasses of champagne with the salt&pepper shakers.

The second room on the 3rd floor was tooooo cold to sleep in, so we asked for another room, they gave us another room on the 4th floor. We had a great sleep.

On Saturday, we were a bit late for reserving a table at a decent place, but still the concierge (Andreas if I'm not mistaken) tried to help us (with a huge smile) for nearly half an hour and got us a great table at a hip experimental sushi restaurant.

Overall we appreciated their huge effort on keeping their customers happy and satisfied. We left the hotel happy and will be willing to stay there when we're back in Vienna the next time.

Room Tip: 4th floor smells a bit weird but the rooms are good. 3rd floor, 308 had a problem with the windows...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yasoush
MichaelSpangl, Director of Sales at DO & CO Hotel Vienna, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for having chosen the DO & CO Hotel Vienna and for sharing your experiences with us.

I'm really sorry that you had to move 3 times during your stay but it makes me very happy that our front office staff could manage all this. It's so important for us that you leave our hotel with a smile!

Please feel free contacting me personally as soon as you plan to come to Vienna again and I'll take care on your reservation....not on the 4th floor (just joking).

Besr regards from Vienna

Baarn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel at the Stephansplatz is absolutely superb. The location is all you would want it to be, all the attractions and restaurants are in walking distance. The staff is extremely friendly, charming and helpful. Very good at arranging tickets, transportation or a seat at the table at a busy restaurant. The food at the hotel restaurant on the 7th floor is excellent, also breakfast is great. The bar with the view is clearly very popular with the locals but the staff always make sure the hotelguests get a place to sit and relax. The rooms are squeaky clean and very well appointed. Great design and comfortable beds, what more can you ask for. Highly recommended and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
MichaelSpangl, Director of Sales at DO & CO Hotel Vienna, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Dear Hans,

thanks for staying at the DO & CO Hotel Vienna and this absolutely fantastic review. We really appreciate that you have taken time to share your experiences with us.

If you plan to come back to Vienna again, please feel free contacting me directly and I'll take care of your reservation.

thanks and best regards from Vienna

Odessa, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Its hard to find words to describe feelings about this hotel. Its excellent, superB.

Lets start from basics.
Hotel is located in the centre of centre of Vienna. From its windows you can see symbol of VIenna, Stephansdom (850 years old) and main shopping street. Hotels location and architecture are amazing. Restaurants, fast food, boutiques and groceries are in less than a walking distance from it.

Staff of the hotel is super nice, their english is perfect, they always happy to help you with any your questions or requests. Hotel manager was very kind and nice ) he explained where we can find special champaign and where is located all stores which was interested for us. Room service was great, after every our evening party on next day room was clean and fresh. You can smoke in room, and ventilation is so great that after 3-4 minutes there is no any smell of tobacco.

Bed was extra-great ) one of the best i have ever sleep on ) Pillows, bedclothes… soft and smooth. amazing. As i understand , in every room and even at bar they have Bang & Olufsen TVs. If you don't know it cost around 15000 usd. Materials used in decoration and every details of room is amazing and super high quality. Its just as it should be. Shower ? its best i ever see ) You can open shutters and take a shower with a view on Stephansdom ) TV in toilet ? i should have this at home also ) Etro shower gel and shampoo )

This hotel is definitely best hotel i have ever visit. I catch myself thinking that i have to visit Vienna again just to visit this hotel )

Also they have a great limousine service. They take me from hotel to airport on mercedes E-classe 2011 just for 45 euro. Driver was also very nice telling me stories about the city.

Please take a look at photos which i uploaded from this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cosmic1255
MichaelSpangl, Director of Sales at DO & CO Hotel Vienna, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Wow! I'm nearly speachless! Thanks you for this absolutely fantastic response. I truly hope that you'll come back to Vienna again soon. And then you have to try our Dome Suite. This will top your last stay again :-)

Please feel free contacting me directly and I'll take care of your booking.

Have a great weekend...