Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
PricelineUSD 102
TravelocityUSD 108
eDreamsUSD 102
Orbitz.comUSD 108
FindHotelUSD 102
TripadvisorUSD 101
All reviews quiet street breakfast room good size zieglergasse metro station stops austria
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2016

This hotel clearly beat my expectations. When rating hotels, the price is an important factor for me. It also sets my expectations. A hotel that charges top prices and offers a “reasonably ok service” would get a much lower rating from me than a hotel that charges reasonable price and offers a “reasonably ok service”. And that’s why I heartily recommend the Hotel 1060 Vienna – an excellent room, service and location at a very reasonable price.

The location is 5 min. walk to the Mariahilfer Straße (Vienna’s main shopping street), 5 min. walk to the Westbahnhof U-Bahn Station (the underground train) and 7 min. walk to the Westbahnhof itself. Plenty of coffee shops and restaurants around.

The lobby is large and rather stylish, and has an exit into an inner yard for outdoor relaxation. Reception staff I met were all friendly and eager to help wherever they could.

My room was spacious, spotlessly clean and quiet, my bed was comfortable. The room featured individually-controlled A/C, safe deposit box, minibar/fridge, hairdryer, free WiFi access and of course TV. Plenty of shelf space in the cupboard, as well as rails for hanging those clothing items one wishes not to fold.

The bathroom was relatively big with top quality shower. Also a detachable showerhead, which is unimportant for me but (I’m told) women like it. The towels were somewhat thin and harsh-to-touch, I’d recommend to the hotel to replace them with softer and gentler ones.

But hey, if the only point of criticism I can find in this hotel is the towels, the hotel must be very good. I live in Vienna so I rarely use hotels here, but if I ever need a hotel in Vienna again, I’d come back to this one.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Really friendly staff and convenient location. Great advice at reception and helping buy our onward tickets made our stay. Unfortunately the bed was slightly broken. But this didn't stop a good night's sleep or a nice stay. Good wifi strength and easy to get to the metro station.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I had a room 007- with a garden view. Very stylish lobby, however rooms are not so cool as at the pictures. So be ready for 3+experience. The shower a bit strange as well, old school. The Sunday's breakfast ends in 10.00 so I missed it due to late wake-up. Location close to the main shopping street. Supermarket and gym and Spa is nearby. The metro station is 5 mins walk. In total good value for money.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2016

A lot of choice at the breakfastbuffet. Beautiful spacious twinrooms with balcony, a large, modern bathroom with much space for the shower. The hotel is near a metrostation in a shoppingdistrict.
Friendly welcome.
Democratic prices for the drinks at the bar and in the room (mini bar).
There is a parking under the hotel, but the places are limited, so you have to reservate a parkinglot (and be a good driver to park your car in the small spaces.

Room tip: The twinrooms are very beautifull and large.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

1060 hotel is located near Vienna's main shopping street, Mariahilfferstrasse ( ca 300 meters), and that is it's ( almost) only positive point. The other one was, in our case, a very good price comparing to similar hotels in the area.
The hotel itself is very average, and like most of Vienna's hotels: clean and quiet.
Room is ok, nothing in particular to mention.
If you wish to walk to Vienna's city center ( Stefensplatz) , consider 20-30 min walk. Other option is to take the Metro from the Main Street above, line no. 3 , straight to the center in few minutes.
To sum up: if you need a place to stay the night ( not to "live "there during your days) it is really ok. Plus the breakfast is good, above the average similar hotels there.

Date of stay: June 2016